PCT 15 fwy east

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

I never post TR's, I was always thinking my pics and trips were nothing compared to some of the epic trips most of you do. But then I realized everyone had to start somewhere. :D

So today the family and I took a trip up the PCT from the 15 fwy heading east. We did some geocaching and pushed through the wind. It was a beautiful day despite how windy it was. My girls are 7 and 4 so we didnt go very far, about 4 miles, that was enough for little legs, but it was fun and I just love hanging out with them and listing to their crazy questions.

some more pic here http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k50 ... wy%20east/

There are a bunch more pics, but Im kinda crazy and wont put any pics up on the internet that have my girls in them. Too many crazy people out there. :shock:
Thanks for looking.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Any TR is a good TR in my mind. Keep 'em coming.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Agreed! Good TR.

HJ
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Number one thing Dad's do, protect their children - nice work taking them out and introducing them to the PCT :D

Thanks for the TR as HikeUp said keep them coming - did you get far enough up on that ridge to see all them "Giant Power Line Towers"? There's some big ones in that area that make a human feel kinda tiny.

My grandkids will be here next month from the Midwest, hoping to take the 5 year old out to Crystal Lake or Lake Silverwood area. :D
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

This segment of the PCT is in historic Crowder Canyon, this was the original "Cajon Pass" it seems to me but a toll road was built by John Brown in 1861

http://www.empirenet.com/rdthompson/lane11.html
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

I read somewhere that this part was part of the old Mojave rd. Dont know if that is true. I will have to read the link you posted mattmaxon and see if it mentions it in there.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Pretty cool (albeit long!) link. Thanks, Matt.

HJ