San Antonio Creek

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Augie

Post by Augie »

Did this course with 9 others from ACA "meet up" group today. Absolutely stunning. Tons of water. Will put up some photos. Very cold. Wet suits absolutely necessary.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

8)
Augie

Post by Augie »

Canyoneering yesterday in San Antonio Creek.

Augie

Post by Augie »

Another video from San Antonio Creek outing.

lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Great video - was that you that came past us yesterday asking about if we had seen your keys at the base of the falls? Someone was lucky enough to climb back up and find them?
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Wow. Looks like it was dumping pretty good! What kind of shoes are you wearing there?
Augie

Post by Augie »

lilbitmo wrote: Great video - was that you that came past us yesterday asking about if we had seen your keys at the base of the falls? Someone was lucky enough to climb back up and find them?
That was one of the people in our party. He was frantic. Said that was the first time in 30 years of outdoors activities he ever lost his keys. Wow, I'm he did find them.
Augie

Post by Augie »

davantalus wrote: Wow. Looks like it was dumping pretty good! What kind of shoes are you wearing there?
I was wearing my scuba diving booties. They grip pretty well. Only limitation is if the canyon took all day, they dont' have much support for the foot. I used by dive gloves and a 3mm full body wet suit. It kept me plenty warm while rapping; you only get cold standing around.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

There's a bolt/draw on the 3rd falls up (the big one) on the left side. If you're careful with your balance, you can stay left of the big falls and clip that anchor to keep you dry.