20110206 Eaton Canyon Falls

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Walked the dog and girlfriend up to Eaton Canyon Falls. It was crowded, I don't think I ever was out of view of another hiker. Lots of dogs, lots of tourists, only saw two pieces of graffiti. Tromping though the water felt great!

I ran into Dominik and CougarMagic rappelling down the falls. They looked so epic that people were clapping when they touched down in the pool below.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Musta been cold!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

davantalus wrote: Walked the dog and girlfriend up to Eaton Canyon Falls.
Both on leash, I trust. :lol:
davantalus wrote: I ran into Dominik and CougarMagic rappelling down the falls. They looked so epic that people were clapping when they touched down in the pool below.
Pretty cool!

HJ
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

davantalus wrote: Walked the dog and girlfriend up to Eaton Canyon Falls. It was crowded, I don't think I ever was out of view of another hiker. Lots of dogs, lots of tourists, only saw two pieces of graffiti. Tromping though the water felt great!

I ran into Dominik and CougarMagic rappelling down the falls. They looked so epic that people were clapping when they touched down in the pool below.
Pictures of other hikers/Canyoneers doing fun stuff is always welcome - and the dog of course :D Dav did you happen to take any?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

It was great to meet Dav and his lovely girlfriend, and super cute dog (who was super excited about fetching a large stick/log, to the dismay of a big yellow lab who also coveted the stick).

And yes Ryan it was effing freezing, and the water flow was bananas. But the canyon is in fine shape since the big storms in December. TR to come.

It really is fun to meet people in person from this group. Quite a kick to hear someone say "Are you on the San Gabriel Mountains Discussion Forum?" and then realize it's someone you've traded messages with and read reports about for months.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Taco wrote: Musta been cold!
Toughest hike in the San Gabriels. At mile 29 I passed out on a cliff but woke up in time to self arrested in some poison oak. The dog froze and we were forced to eat her remains while huddled inside the bodies of other hikers for warmth.... Oh you mean the canyoneers?
lilbitmo wrote:Pictures of other hikers/Canyoneers doing fun stuff is always welcome - and the dog of course Dav did you happen to take any?
Negative. Didn't feel like bringing the omg-huge camera and didn't know I'd be meeting CM or Dominik. Little creepy to rock a huge lens and roll video on some random Canyoneers anyway. ;)
cougarmagic wrote:Quite a kick to hear someone say "Are you on the San Gabriel Mountains Discussion Forum?"
More disappointing is to be told you missed someone on the forum! Back in autumn Patrick told me I apparently missed Zé and CM by a matter of minutes.

It was totally awesome to meet you two!
Hikin_Jim wrote:Both on leash, I trust.
LOL. I now have Mt. Dew all over my display. They're pretty serious about that leash business. I have mixed feelings on it - anyone have opinions about dogs on leashes?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: