Hastings Peak: 02-05-2011

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Hiked up to Hastings Peak today with Hikin_Jim via Bailey Cyn. Trail. Also joining us were Will, John and turtle - nice to meet you guys. Decided to take the crossover trail to catch the Mt. Wilson Trail back down to a shuttle car at Lizzie's Trail Inn. Cool temps at first, but it actually got kind of warm - typical for a front country hike.

Turtle did laps around us as we enjoyed tea on the summit. :lol:

Pics.

Trail is in fantastic shape - best I've ever seen it. A nice use trail has taken form on the Hastings Ridge compared to the free for all it was after they bulldozed a firebreak during the Station Fire.

A photo history of Hastings Ridge. Pictures take from the old rock circle towards Hastings Peak.

Before fire - 2009-02-21...
After fire - 2009-10-25...
After fire - 2010-04-18
After fire - 2010-06-05...
After fire - 2011-02-05...
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Hey, nice TR and good photos. Crazy vid. lol.

HJ
MattCav

Post by MattCav »

Thanks for the TR guys. Looks like you had a fun hike. That photo timeline is really cool.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

What a great day to be up there! I also like the photo timeline. I would have liked to see the alcohol stove. I've read about them, but never seen on in action.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

cougarmagic wrote: What a great day to be up there! I also like the photo timeline. I would have liked to see the alcohol stove. I've read about them, but never seen on in action.
Just another excuse, er, I mean reason to get out there. :wink:

I guess Hikeup's cinematographic, er, triumph will have to do for now. ...and now, for Best Documentary, the envelope please... :lol:

HJ
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Yeah. Just call me Hikin_Fellini. :lol:
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Nice to see you out and about sir....