Pigeon Ridge to South Mt Hawkins

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Wild

Post by Wild »

Cool man, the area looks beautiful! That ridge is looking great, and so does the route. Great job, and you better come back and climb down south sometimes ;)
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Joseph you will be missed by many, always had great outings.

Looks like this was another fatastic day in the front range, thanks for sharing the TR and pictures, hope you make it back soon. :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Shoulda carried a really heavy pack up. ;-)

Good luck son!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Quitter. :wink:

Good bay area hike.: Ohlone Wilderness Trail - Sunol to Mt. Rose to Del Valle and back ... then toss in Mission Peak at the end. :D

Good luck kid.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Lots of good routes you did...Looking back, I would say the ones I remember the most in the SGs are Triplet, Stanley-Miller via Iron Mtn, Big Horn ridge, and Copter. Hope you can come back to the San Gabriels where we can put you through some misery with possibly the triple threat(BP,Iron,Baldy) :D
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

thanks guys...I think it will take some extra creativity for hikes up north since the mountains are so....lame.

and damn! AW I just had an epiphany about that idea, to be continued...
Wild

Post by Wild »

wrote: thanks guys...I think it will take some extra creativity for hikes up north since the mountains are so....lame.
The majestic Sierras will be closer to you though!
blueshammer

Post by blueshammer »

I believe NorCalHikes.com is still unclaimed! Will definitely miss the great SGM TRs from you, Zé.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Zé,

Nice TR. Good to have had you on the forum. Drop by with some good hiking science any time. If you're ever in the area on a Wednesday night, you know where to find me. :)

Good luck and God speed,

HJ
robnokshus

Post by robnokshus »

I have always enjoyed your trip reports. Good luck in the Bay area!

Of course you won't be that far from the Ventana Wilderness in the northern most reaches of the Los Padres NF. There are some excellent hiking/backpacking opportunities there. Simply gorgeous.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

blueshammer wrote: I believe NorCalHikes.com is still unclaimed! Will definitely miss the great SGM TRs from you, Zé.
thanks, good idea!
Hikin_Jim wrote: Zé,

Nice TR. Good to have had you on the forum. Drop by with some good hiking science any time. If you're ever in the area on a Wednesday night, you know where to find me. :)

Good luck and God speed,

HJ
thanks HJ. and thanks for the many ACME maps over the past few years. It's kinda of funny 3 yrs ago I was asking stupid question, not knowing where anything was...and now I can locate most things, thanks to ACME-FU!

robnokshus wrote: I have always enjoyed your trip reports. Good luck in the Bay area!

Of course you won't be that far from the Ventana Wilderness in the northern most reaches of the Los Padres NF. There are some excellent hiking/backpacking opportunities there. Simply gorgeous.
Thanks, I'm excited to check out that area too. Might be time to get in touch with Bob Burd :shock:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Good luck, Joe! You alone are responsible for overfilling my to-do list. I drive up the 57 fwy frequently and see Triplet Rocks calling for me... (not sure whether to thank you or curse you.)

Going up north for job or school?

Mike
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

wrote: thanks HJ. and thanks for the many ACME maps over the past few years. It's kinda of funny 3 yrs ago I was asking stupid question, not knowing where anything was...and now I can locate most things, thanks to ACME-FU!
(with my best Asian accent) You have done well, Grasshopper. :wink:

Happy to help out. Ain't got the speed nor the time anymore, but I can still remember routes and I'm kinda handy sometimes with maps. Very cool to see you hitting things that I went to back in my prime (late 80's). :shock: Brings back some great memories. And, hey, for a middle aged, married-with-child computer programmer, I'm still getting out there pretty good.
wrote: Thanks, I'm excited to check out that area too. Might be time to get in touch with Bob Burd :shock:
Now, that'll up your game!

Keep in touch. N. Cal. trip reports are still trip reports and this section of this forum will still be here...

HJ
norma r

Post by norma r »

Be happy up there Joe. Good luck! :D
LD

Post by LD »

Sorry to hear you’re leaving. I always enjoyed your unique hiking trips and write ups. I’m sure you’ll be back some day to complete one of those ridgelines or peaks around here you somehow missed.

I understand Bob Burd is looking for someone to turn the SC reins over to. Can’t think of anyone more qualified than you.

“boa sorte em seus empreendimentos futuros”

Lyn
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Mike P wrote: Good luck, Joe! You alone are responsible for overfilling my to-do list. I drive up the 57 fwy frequently and see Triplet Rocks calling for me... (not sure whether to thank you or curse you.)

Going up north for job or school?

Mike
thanks! Triplet rocks, and all those mines right? :)

Going up north for....girl :) I'm done with "school" I've tried to stay in as long as possible but I hit the end of the road I guess. So some sort of job, although hopefully in research. Seriously, can't REI hire me as their "outdoor scientist" or something!?
Hikin_Jim wrote: Keep in touch. N. Cal. trip reports are still trip reports and this section of this forum will still be here...

HJ
good idea, hopefully when I find some creative routes...that do not involve poison oak.
norma r wrote: Be happy up there Joe. Good luck! :D
thanks Norma!
LD wrote: Sorry to hear you’re leaving. I always enjoyed your unique hiking trips and write ups. I’m sure you’ll be back some day to complete one of those ridgelines or peaks around here you somehow missed.

I understand Bob Burd is looking for someone to turn the SC reins over to. Can’t think of anyone more qualified than you.

“boa sorte em seus empreendimentos futuros”

Lyn
rsrsrs obrigado mas eu acho que ele é mais forte em fazer trilhas numa semana. eu só espero que eu não vou ficar doente na altitdes elevadas. E você, quando vai fazer dessa ´trilha´ da cume de ovis canadensis?
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Rebentando para fora os portuguêses!

I have no idea what i just said - hope I didn't offend :)

Ever read Jose Saramago? Odd stuff.
LD

Post by LD »

wrote:
rsrsrs obrigado mas eu acho que ele é mais forte em fazer trilhas numa semana. eu só espero que eu não vou ficar doente na altitdes elevadas. E você, quando vai fazer dessa ´trilha´ da cume de ovis canadensis?
Check your PM

LD