Winter Ascent Mt. Baldy Monday January 24th, 2011

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

I would like to summit Mt Baldy on Monday January 24th. An early start is fine with me. I have summited Bear Creek Spire, Lone Pine Peak, Mt San Gorgonio and Mt San Bernardino so I am somewhat experienced with back-country travel, alpine climbing and of course rock climbing. I, however, do not have very much experience with winter steep snow/ice ascents therefore I am looking for someone who would be willing (and who has the experience) to show a new guy some new tricks. I have crampons and an ice axe along with all the necessary gear (helmet, jackets, boots (not the greatest pair but they'll get the job done), I also have snowshoes but I don't think we'll need them, etc...) what I am lacking is the expertise to safely ascend Mt Baldy bowl. Unfortunately I missed the Basic Mountaineering Orientation that would have been the perfect opportunity. Anyone want to go?
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I have to be back in Pasadena by 1600 (4pm) Monday night as I have a crucial meeting to be at :D