Back in the saddle again

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Rumor has it that "stubby" was spotted in the Cucamonga Wilderness :D

IHC to IHS, W. Ridge to Bighorn Up, S. Ridge down, played in two of the canyons that come off the summit and came out 300 yards below the saddle, not to crowded, wind was blowing 40+ on top of Bighorn, views were great.

Doc said wait 6-8 weeks, I made 4 that's worth something :shock: :D

As the girl in Poltergist said - "there here, there back"

Glad to be back out, hope to see all soon.
lik2hik

Post by lik2hik »

Glad to see "your are back" Patrick! Sounds like a great first hike. Winter hiking and climbing is just around the corner. We have to hit those couloirs again!
Any issues with your injury?
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

lik2hik wrote:Any issues with your injury?
None at all I was pleasantly surprised at how little I noticed any pain in it, the finger held up well, I wore a nice little hard protector (synthetic plastic leather combo thing the surgeon's assistant custom fitted for me to that finger), the tip still feels slightly like a fat lip and a liitle numb but no real pain - the nail has grown twice the size of what was sliced off in the last two weeks alone, should have the full nail back by the end of the month.

I'll wear protection over it for the next six months to allow all the internal "soft tissue" to get back to full strength before I risk going without it, would be way to easy to catch it on something and be right back where I started.

It was just great to be back out there - I must have smiled at every single hiker I walked past today, I think a few thought I'd been smoking something, little did they know how or why I was in such a good mood.

Hope Rick Kent heals quickly as well :D :D two hikers going down on the same day is a little wierd, but we did it so no ones else has to, we're all good for the next year :D

Thanks for asking Phil, those chutes are calling our names, and I heard a few others mention that they were lonely and needed some attention :shock:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Good news! :)
norma r

Post by norma r »

Hey there Pilgrim! That's mighty fine news to hear! The ole' corral ain't quite been the same without ya.

Me and my trusty steed (them there would be my feet) hope to mosey off yonder with you soon.

Welcome Back! :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

8)
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

Good work, Patrick! No crack climbing for you for awhile, though :lol: .
Liam and I hiked the 3 T's on Saturday starting at Icehouse. The summer crowds have sure thinned out.
TracieB

Post by TracieB »

Glad to hear you're back in them hills Pilgrim!
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

Yeah, man!
I think docs always say to lay up far longer than needed.
Probably a requirement of their malpractice insurance...

I also think they under appreciate the importance of getting back to what you love as part of the healing process.

Glad to know you are back in the mountains.