mountain lions don't cooperate

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

The novelty of the cologne has worn off. They don't stop to check it out anymore, so now all I have to show you is cat butts. I'll have to try something new.

I am loving this location though - it's a real life Disney movie. Got lots of animals, including bobcat, deer, coyote, possum, a few different birds, and of course squirrels.

I think the deer needs to be less relaxed...this is not the ideal place to stand around. (No, I did not put any food out here. Don't know what she's chewing on - do they regurgitate like cows?)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Pretty funny, the one with the deer checking out the cam. :)

Good pix!

HJ
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

cougarmagic wrote:The novelty of the cologne has worn off. I'll have to try something new.
I hear this stuff works good:
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Great stuff C.M.! What KIND of terrain / geography is this that our four-legged friends pass with such impunity?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

What KIND of terrain / geography is this that our four-legged friends pass with such impunity?
A small canyon. Dry now, but flows in the winter. Small enough that humans never go in there, but just wide enough that there's a 3' high or so tunnel through the brush, so it's easy to travel (if you're 3' tall or shorter!). Also, as far as I can tell (I haven't been all the way up this canyon) it just meanders nicely this way for about a mile.

It's nice in there. A little spooky though... :)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

cougarmagic wrote:I think the deer needs to be less relaxed...this is not the ideal place to stand around. (No, I did not put any food out here. Don't know what she's chewing on - do they regurgitate like cows?)
Yup, deer are ruminants, just like cattle. They tend to chew their cud while relaxing.