Name that bridge

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

It's not the Bridge to Nowhere.... Big Tujunga?
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

No, definitely not Big T (http://www.bridgemeister.com/pic.php?pid=1991) - not enough detail to the architecture.

Also, there are deciduous trees that are turning yellow (Aspens?). I will guess that this bridge is in the foothills of the northern Sierra Nevada. In fact, it looks like the bridge that I visited with some Bay Area friends for some illegal bungee jumping twenty years ago. I don't know exactly where it is, but the last town we passed through was Angels Camp.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Looks like the Cold Spring Bridge on Hwy 154 as the road descends into the Santa Ynez Valley in the San Marcos Pass...

Just looked at pics of the Cold Spring Bridge... I think I'm wrong.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

it's the bridge before the tunnel on AFH

wonder if they had a permit...
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

On edit: shoot, no that's not it! Big T Narrows bridge has a much smaller arch to it, now that I compare the two...

I think Matt's got it. I was wondering how they got some of the shots - from eye level of the top of the bridge, but from down-canyon. But there is that little platform on the canyon wall there. That would get that angle.

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

No, not AFH. Look at the top of the arch - there's no gap in the concrete, like in the video. And the tops of the columns in the video do not have a flare to them.