That crag again. This time, graffiti clean up!

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

And Johnny's first trad/anything lead. :)

Google truck?

The tagging

Making some ropedrag

Descent

Johnny starting off

Placing a large nut

Doing the deed

Snacks

Artsy climber picture

Doing some fun climbing this sunday, all day till past nightfall, if anyone is interested. 7 mile approach up a road with a relaxing day of trad climbing and whatnot. PM me if you are interested.
James

Post by James »

You guys cleaned graffiti too? That's awesome. Thanks for helping make the mountains look like the mountains again. Why someone would go to those extremes to graffiti up there is beyond me.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

It's part of our overall hidden agenda/secret plan. Do lots of climbing and remove all the graffiti. 8)
platypii

Post by platypii »

Wow! Thanks for making the crags a better place! (and having some fun while at it!)

Let me know if you ever need help with more high angle graffiti removal projects.

I'm curious though... do you paint over the graffiti with rock-colored paint, use paint remover, or does Taco just stand at the base of the cliff and wait for the vandalized rocks to fall on him? 8) :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

lulz

Rustoleum FTW.

We aren't quite done yet. Gotta get tan paint or something to match. Looks like a different color of rock in the middle of a rock now, but at least there's no swastika.

You're free to come with anytime. I go out all the time.
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

Anything is better than swastika lol...

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Get a hold of someone in the Forest Service. They may give you some Taginator (http://www.taginator.com/nnewsite/taginator.htm) - that's what they are using and giving to volunteers.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Awesome, thanks Greg! Will do. Never heard of that stuff.
mve

Post by mve »

Nice work dudes -- thank you for doing the right thing and cleaning that filth off the rock.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

It's all just part of my "hidden agenda", V. ;-)
norma r

Post by norma r »

nice climbing! have a great summer playing in the San Gab's and thanks from me too Taco on the clean-up! :D

it's not on nature... but, there is a place called the Scary Dairy in Camarillo that i walk through when i hike in the area. it's an old abandoned dairy that was once run by the employees and patients at the old Camarillo State (mental) Hospital. the walls have been painted by graffiti "artists" similar to how the Berlin Wall was painted. rather cool street art. i was just there last week and some idiot has gone over the best art with white paint and painted swastikas and White Power. shows you just how DUMB they are. they cannot appreciate something of value and instead Fu*k up something with their worthless Sh&t.

i'll miss these pieces that are no longer recognizable...
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Figures. :?
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

It is all about respect in every aspect.Everyone needs to learn it sooner or later in one way/form or another.Especially "nazi's".=D