Not a cougar, Bailey Canyon

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Nice framing...perfect trigger speed...wrong critter! Not complaining though - this is a very nice bear.

This camera was out since early January. The only animals I got was this one clip of the bear, one squirrel, and the usual assortment of hikers peeing (inside joke - no peeing hikers were filmed or harmed in the making of this movie).
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

What! You film peeing hikers? That's outrageous.

Oh. You were kidding? Sorry. Carry on. :D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Did that bear sign a release or flash his SAG card?

Nice bear indeed. Can you say where in Bailey this was without compromising the camera, etc.?
norma r

Post by norma r »

cougarmagic wrote: ...and the usual assortment of hikers peeing (inside joke - no peeing hikers were filmed or harmed in the making of this movie).
LOL :lol:

i read the thread on that other board and was blown away by how crazed some of the posters got. but if you ever do catch the gal having sex out there, you just might have to post the video on a Flora and What The Fauna? forum. :P
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

HikeUp wrote:Did that bear sign a release or flash his SAG card?

Nice bear indeed. Can you say where in Bailey this was without compromising the camera, etc.?
Yep - the camera isn't there anymore. It was in the canyon bottom, near the old cabin foundation. It was January 15th (a Friday), around noon. No sign of her after that.

I think the bear is going to be in trouble for hiking in a closed area. The signs were clearly posted. :wink:
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

norma r wrote: but if you ever do catch the gal having sex out there, you just might have to post the video on a Flora and What The Fauna? forum. :P
We can start a sub-topic - Flora and Fauna: Birds and Bees....
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

For scale:

That isn't me, by the way. I don't envy the case of poison oak this guy has on his legs now!