Overlay topo maps in Google Earth

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

I thought this was really cool when I found it, so I wrote something up on how to overlay and use topo maps in Google Earth. Someone even made a way to overlay historical maps!!!
Socalhiker69

Post by Socalhiker69 »

wrote:I thought this was really cool when I found it, so I wrote something up on how to overlay and use topo maps in Google Earth. Someone even made a way to overlay historical maps!!!
Thanks Joe, it's a fantastic tool and I am sure I will play around and use it from now on... I am afraid I can't get much work done now during the weekdays :) Guido
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

Again, to increase the audience.
I have a kml for google earth that I got somewhere that has topo overlays. It's easier because you don't have to click to get each quad.
Just turn the overlon or off and adjust opacity. They take a minute or so to load; but work great.
When I find it, I'll pass it on.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

OK, here is the one I've been using. It also has a benchmarking database; you can turn either one off or on.
http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/ge/index.html
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

that's not bad. a good alternative. unfortunately you can't have more than one topo quad open at the same time, which is kinda annoying