New hiking Tv series

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

I cant wait for this show to go to Iron Mt or some where else in the san gabriels
:P

Hiking TV show Socal
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Hope they don't blow it.

We should have our own show. :twisted:
mve

Post by mve »

TacoDelRio wrote:Hope they don't blow it.

We should have our own show. :twisted:
Roger that! :twisted:

Few years ago after watching Discovery's 'Alaska Experiment' (season one) and reading few books about PCT Thru hikers I really wanted to approach the network to organize a show about PCT. I've written a small, 30000 ft overview and we sent it to one of the respected producers. He got back to us with some very good suggestions ...

One thing that became apparent from this exchange is that this would be a huge undertaking before they even talk to you -- a year of prep work minimum with strong emphasis on developing characters (it needs to be done prior to the pitch) -- all people and their roles in the show need to be pre-arranged. His exact words were "Almost every pitch today begins with the people".

They also wanted to see some professionals and lots of human created (somewhat artificial) drama along the way.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

OH DOOOOOD YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF STUPID FAKE DRAMA WE COULD HAVE!

Oh man...

The possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mve

Post by mve »

Come on man -- spill the beans, I am making popcorn :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Kelly, Dustin, and Bert. Nuff said.
mve

Post by mve »

Ok -- I still have to meet Kelly and Dustin then :lol: but you left off a very important character -- YOU! :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I don't do shit. I'll just carry a weapon and leave more questions than answers.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

how about a show about 3 hikers lost in the wilderness, needing to bond with each other to survive.

the 3 hikers

1) Taco
2) Eric
3) FO

:lol:
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

they would be better off as a duo!

and u can lend them your 500 frame per second scamera
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

A lot of the networks want 12 finished episodes before they'll talk to you.
mve

Post by mve »

TacoDelRio wrote:I don't do shit. I'll just carry a weapon and leave more questions than answers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you see? That's what I am talking about!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

wrote:how about a show about 3 hikers lost in the wilderness, needing to bond with each other to survive.

the 3 hikers

1) Taco
2) Eric
3) FO

:lol:
I'm armed. Eric is OK. FO can go fornicate himself.
simonov

Post by simonov »

TacoDelRio wrote:OH DOOOOOD YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF STUPID FAKE DRAMA WE COULD HAVE!
I don't watch much teevee, but the few times I've seen programs like this it seemed that was all it was about, stupid fake drama.

So a program about people who weren't assholes and were simply good at what they did and enjoyed it probably wouldn't be of much interest to a cable network.
Nunc est bibendum
AW~

Post by AW~ »

TacoDelRio wrote:OH DOOOOOD YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF STUPID FAKE DRAMA WE COULD HAVE!

Oh man...

The possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In episode 1, TDR is out climbing some ice with his buddies on Baldy(insert fake huge boulders rolling down chutes and injuries)....then meets up with strange cult group on homage to Baldy.....getting out of the cult means going back to the car .... down wooded area, complete with Marijuana farm gang shootout. Upon arrival at Manker Flats, car is completey trashed.
norma r

Post by norma r »

AW wrote:In episode 1, TDR is out climbing some ice with his buddies on Baldy(insert fake huge boulders rolling down chutes and injuries)....then meets up with strange cult group on homage to Baldy.....getting out of the cult means going back to the car .... down wooded area, complete with Marijuana farm gang shootout. Upon arrival at Manker Flats, car is completey trashed.
but, where's the blonde? you forgot the blonde! :evil:
mve

Post by mve »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

the brunette won that round....
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

AW wrote:

Oh man...

In episode 1, TDR is out climbing some ice with his buddies on Baldy(insert fake huge boulders rolling down chutes and injuries)....then meets up with strange cult group on homage to Baldy.....getting out of the cult means going back to the car .... down wooded area, complete with Marijuana farm gang shootout. Upon arrival at Manker Flats, car is completey trashed.
I said DRAMA, not REALITY! :lol:

If it was East Fork, we'd have our cars on blocks (but we'd have to have white actors doing the damage or we'd get sued by some pussyass group saying we're racist or some modern day bullshit).