Sunday, February 3rd

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Just looking to go out and do something. Only thing on my radar is an ascent of Thunder Mountain VIA the south ridge, either from icehouse Canyon, or Big Butch Gulch up Lightning Couloir (260m up to AI2), or something interesting.

Anyone have any ideas?
Dudley Heinsbergen

Post by Dudley Heinsbergen »

my buddy and i snowboarded from the top of Thunder Mtn down Big Butch Wash to Manker Flats on monday. it was superb.
He219

Post by He219 »

Dudley Heinsbergen wrote:my buddy and i snowboarded from the top of Thunder Mtn down Big Butch Wash to Manker Flats on monday. it was superb.
oooh, niiice.

How deep was the coverage, would it have melted now towards the flats?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

BTW, sunday... woot...
Dudley Heinsbergen

Post by Dudley Heinsbergen »

it was all powder, sometimes 1 1/2 ft deep. the bottom was in excellent condition. my guess is that sunday would be the last day to ski it. there was 1 rock drop about 5 ft high. and the snow cover over that will probly be gone. there are a couble creek crossings and little frozen pools towards the top. its been 40*+ up there the past 2 days so.....

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CONDITIONS FOR THE BALDY BOWL???

my family and i reserved i the San Antonio Ski Hut from the 2nd-3rd and we are looking forward to snowboarding it and maybe even pulling out the "Ziffy Womper" tobagan.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I am also wondering about the conditions of the bowl. Wondering if the avy danger is gone. I would love to climb it this weekend,
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Either Baldy Bowl with Travis... or San Antonio Ridge from Heaton, if anyone wants to go.