Mt. Wilson Trail 1-16-10

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

I hiked the Mt. Wilson Trail today -- a great day for it... warm early on, chilly on top, and cool on the way down. I was thinking about heading from the top to Sturdevant Camp and Mt. Zion. However, taking into account the time of my promised return home, I headed down the way I came. By coincidence, as I was contemplating the Sturdevant Trail, Liz from this Board showed up with a group of friends. She had done the same lollipop loop in reverse.

ImageImage
Liz and the Three Saints
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

This reminds me...was it you Alan who posted some pics from a year or so ago of them working on the snack bar/pavilion area? Either way, I'm sure the Station Fire has put any plans they had on hold!
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

HikeUp wrote:This reminds me...was it you Alan who posted some pics from a year or so ago of them working on the snack bar/pavilion area? Either way, I'm sure the Station Fire has put any plans they had on hold!
I posted some snack bar pictures in this album from a hike last May. I agree that the work is obviously on hold now.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Ah, yes. I think it would be cool if they opened that snack bar again. Hike up to Mt. Wilson for a hot breakfast anyone?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

I agree. The top of Mt. Wilson is hardly a wilderness experience. Might as well be able to get a hot meal there. Or at least some coffee. (FIGHT ON is no longer around, right?)
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hi Alan K!

It was nice to finally meet you! Also, it was great to be back in my old "stomping grounds." Since moving to San Diego, I've been doing different hikes, especially x country in the desert this winter. I'll admit, x country is MUCH harder than trail hiking, and I've gotten stronger! But man, it felt good to cruise along the trails on Wilson.

See you and other board members soon, I hope!

Cheers!