san gabriel canyon (39) or glendora rd to East Fork?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

I take the 39 up and turn right on east fork rd all the way to the ranger station, but google maps indicates that taking glendora ridge/mountain road is faster. is that really true? (not driving like Taco)
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

wrote:I take the 39 up and turn right on east fork rd all the way to the ranger station, but google maps indicates that taking glendora ridge/mountain road is faster. is that really true? (not driving like Taco)
Google maps has an "Anal - Cranial obstruction"
kristo5747

Post by kristo5747 »

wrote:I take the 39 up and turn right on east fork rd all the way to the ranger station, but google maps indicates that taking glendora ridge/mountain road is faster. is that really true? (not driving like Taco)
Not fast. Way windy.

If you are going to the Sheep Wilderness area, it is faster to take East fork.

I read a lot of comments on the Bboard about Taco's driving...Maybe he was a kamikaze in a previous incarnation??
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

If you're moving fast in a decent stock/street car on a day with normal traffic, single-laning like a good boy, you can finish south stage of GMR in 12-14 minutes, and north side in 6 and change. I've not timed R39-EFRD but it's probably only a little slower, since it's a faster/straighter road.

R39-EFRD is a better way to go for you to get to Heaton.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

kristo5747 wrote: I read a lot of comments on the Bboard about Taco's driving...Maybe he was a kamikaze in a previous incarnation??
quite likely. i could imagine Taco trying to blow up a US naval ship :evil:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

No way, son. I'm an American. I have worn a Japanese headband while driving before, though.
kristo5747

Post by kristo5747 »

TacoDelRio wrote:No way, son. I'm an American. I have worn a Japanese headband while driving before, though.
Oh, I get it!! Some comments I read about your driving make a lot more sense now.

:shock:
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Finally. the real reason they used to test torpedoes in San Gabriel Canyon!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

:lol:

Wonder if there's any UXO down there...

If I wasn't poor, I'd set up a trailhead taxi service for a low fee ($5 & no complaints :-) ).