Vehicle Fire in Big Santa Anita Canyon

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

I caught video of a mini van burning on the road to Chantry Flat. This was a "Triple A" (AAA) lock & key guy, presumably on his way to help someone else. I never got the back story, but I did post the video. Again we all got lucky...

http://sgmountains.blogspot.com/2009/12 ... anyon.html
outwhere

Post by outwhere »

That was pretty wild, hearing the fire department screaming 'slow down on the water, we are almost out of water'...

Aint that like a roach coach cook, yelling 'cooking oil, we need more cooking oil'

That last line was pretty funny too = 'here comes the forest service, after the fire is out, probably watching videos or playing basketball like usual' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I know, easy for me to play Monday morning quarterback :roll:
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

The Sierra Madre crew actually got down on the hillside and started cutting brush with the saws they use to cut open cars. They were great!
MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

Seems like you have an agenda, Greg. Gee... What happened to you at the Pack Station? :wink: :wink:
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Seems like you have an agenda, Greg. Gee... What happened to you at the Pack Station? Wink Wink
Why the antagonism? Are you FS?

I absolutely have an agenda about The Angeles. I have several. I have made it no secret and I am proud to be exposing their nonsense. The introduction to my blog says Here's the big agenda: Forest Supervisor Jody Noiron. I've made a few smart remarks and cryptic comments about her. But now, with the backing of some knowledgeable and trusted friends, it is time for a concerted effort to have her removed from her post. You are not exposing me. I have not hidden here, my first name is in my username, my first and last name are available, and my contact information is listed.

Unfortunately, the more I look into things, the corruption goes beyond Jody.

The pack station is privately owned and operated by very good friends of mine, not the Forest Service, and I have never worked for the FS.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Interesting perspective. :shock:
MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

My understanding is the reason the USFS engine that responded to this fire "late" was because it was from another station quite a ways away, since the engine out of Chantry/Arcadia was on on apparent day off. They don't usually staff 7 days a week, except sometimes in Summer/Fall.

Something else to consider is, there is often a "lag" in response depending on who a fire/incident is reported to, and how quickly that information is dispersed to the other responding agencies. Often, it is a very short lag, but sometimes it can be a few minutes, which I know can make a difference in a response.