Finally a REAL storm!

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
glamisking

Post by glamisking »

The plan is to head up Register Ridge Tuesday night with my friend and spend the night around 8,400 ft in the flat area before the class 3 section. Supposedly the snow should be piled 2 feet high by then and temperatures sub zero. I have been waiting for 9 months for this! I will post pictures after we summit and return via the Ski Hut trail Wednesday. If any other idiots are out there be sure to say hi!
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

What will the snow level be by weeks end? Im hoping 3000feet like last year
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

edenooch wrote:What will the snow level be by weeks end? Im hoping 3000feet like last year
I heard 1500 feet for last night
Zach

Post by Zach »

4 of my friends camped out on the summit of baldy last night. they said about 6" to a foot came down... apparently another group on the summit didn't fare so well... their tent collapsed.
glamisking

Post by glamisking »

Zach wrote:4 of my friends camped out on the summit of baldy last night. they said about 6" to a foot came down... apparently another group on the summit didn't fare so well... their tent collapsed.
Nice! I have weathered some of the best storms the last two seasons but I have never done it on the summit! Props to them. Last February we had 30 inches fall on us in 12 hours while camped out on the west ridge of the bowl. Looking forward to more this season and meeting more of the guys from the forum.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Have fun! Sounds like a good first day out of suffering to get used to the season.