Sturtevant Camp's Death Sentence

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Sewellymon

Post by Sewellymon »

Budget cuts = no more full time caretaker.

Place will start getting trashed, then worse. Unless there is a groundswell of support, it's toast..

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/t ... pardy.html
norma r

Post by norma r »

so sad. :( i have yet to see the camp but have hiked the canyons near there and they are beautiful. the cabins & structures are pure history and it would be a shame to see this legacy end.

i will write a letter.
canoeman

Post by canoeman »

If profit is the motive, maybe the camp should be taken away from the church.
It would be interesting for some organization to bid on taking over the camp from the church, and run by someone who is willing to MAKE A PROFIT.
I'm afraid I have less then a little respect for the churchy organizations that use the forest as their private property.
kick em all out, I say........
guess they need somewhere private to molest their choir boys............
MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

Lame, Canoeman.

The people from Sturtz are a awesome, and do not bias against non-religious people. They welcome everyone. Same often goes for many of the other church run camps. Most I've met are very good people and not bible thumpers or discriminatory towards others based on religious beliefs or not.
norma r

Post by norma r »

yikes, did FO change his name and grab a paddle?
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

norma r wrote:yikes, did FO change his name and grab a paddle?
If he did his team needs it because they are up "S#!T's Creek Without One" :shock: after the beating they took yesterday at the hands of "Stanford" - Norma I nearly fell out my chair laughing when I read that statement :D