Cucamonga Peak: 11-07-2009

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Hiked up to Cucamonga Peak this morning. It's still there, roughly in the same place it's always been! Trail's in great shape of course. The uphill direction marked with orange blazes painted on everything, the down hill painted with white blazes on the same things. :roll: F'ing d-bags.

Perfect hiking weather - not too cold (even at 6 am), never too warm and plenty of high clouds to provide much coveted shade. I was the second one to the peak, out of about 4.6 zillion. I originally wanted to go on to Etiwanda Peak, but I was moving too slow. So Etiwanda remains one of my many white whales!

Pics.

I saw about 4 or 5 Bighorns on the east side of the peak (only 2 posed for pictures)...

"Does this backpack make my butt look big?"

After getting back home, I realized I might have had a chat at the parking with DaddyLongLegs, who was on his way up Falling Rock Cyn. Oops...hope it went well!
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

HikeUp wrote: After getting back home, I realized I might have had a chat at the parking with DaddyLongLegs, who was on his way up Falling Rock Cyn. Oops...hope it went well!
Yes, that was me in the parking lot this morning! I almost asked if you participate in this forum, but aw shucks, I got shy. :oops: (And yes, it did go well -- more on that later).

Nice pictures, by the way. And don't worry: Etiwanda is not going anywhere (at least not anytime soon).
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

Mark and I were heading up the swirchbacks as you were descending. We had come up from the Middle Fork.

Believe it or not, after the 1st 5 minutes, we had the summit all to our selves!
simonov

Post by simonov »

Since about the 2007/2008 winter, I have never taken a hike in the Baldy/Cucamonga Wilderness area without meeting someone I knew, usually from this forum.
Nunc est bibendum
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Time to start wearing name tags? :lol:
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Great sheep pics! And I love that doggie!