Hey Everyone!

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
CMC-OC

Post by CMC-OC »

So I am planning a trip up into the mountains near Mt. Baldy.

Now, by planning I mean I am free every Friday-Saturday-Sunday, and would love to tag along with anyone going out just so I could get used to the area.

I won't hold anyone up, I've gone on trips for 22-days, 16-days, and 8-days: mainly off-trail and above 7,000 minimum.

Anyone who knows alot about the area and would be willing to show me some cool sites would be all I need! Maybe some off trail work too :P

Now, disclaimer: I know this actually seems a bit sketch, asking random people to come with me out into the wilderness. But this is my goal of sorts, I have no problem with just some short day-hikes before going into longer stays: it's just I really like those longer trips and don't know the area well enough. Safety first!
jeffd

Post by jeffd »

You'd be well off to pick up a good map of the area. Tom Harrison's Angeles High Country and Angeles Front Country maps are $8-10 each at REI in Rancho Cucamonga and cover these mountains from I-15 west to Pasadena. There is huge potential for epic hikes in these mountains.

You'll find worthwhile hikes posted here and also over on the meetup.com group SoCal Hikers and Peakbaggers.

Good luck and have fun exploring. I'm in Claremont too, maybe we should plan something for when the smoke clears.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Our people here are good people. No need to worry.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

CMC-OC wrote:Now, by planning I mean I am free every Friday-Saturday-Sunday, and would love to tag along with anyone going out just so I could get used to the area
Ahhh another vict.. suc... Hiking Partner... :)

I'm generally out and about in the Mtns Thur-Sun

I was thinking a good jaunt up to Mt Baldy is just what I need... Maybe take the Baldy Bowl Tr up West Baldy down to Baldy Village

Matt
CMC-OC

Post by CMC-OC »

Thanks for the tips JeffD, I'll get a map ASAP so I can get started a-planning.

Taco: I meant that I didn't want to sketch people out. Not that I was sketched out. Everyone here is good people but I am new... just saying.

Matt: That's cool, I'm busy this weekend and the weekend of sept 12 but maybe the weekend after?
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

except for that dude ryan. he will bust donuts on the forest roads, cut switchbacks and throw rocks at wildlife! BEWARE :twisted: :(
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

TacoDelRio wrote:Our people here are good people. No need to worry.
Well, most of them......
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

FO is not one of us. :lol:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

hvydrt, you HAD to post that picture?? :)
Winston

Post by Winston »

Another Claremont resident here. I'd be up for a hike around the Baldy area when the smoke clears.