Buckhorn CG Site Map?

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Does anyone have or know where I can get a site map of Buckhorn Campground?
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

I don't have the site numbers memorizesd but Ihave a good idea of the layout....

Perhaps I can help?
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

mattmaxon wrote:I don't have the site numbers memorizesd but Ihave a good idea of the layout....

Perhaps I can help?
I'm trying to direct some friends of mine to a particular campsite. They're going to have a group, so I'm trying to direct them to a campsite that is at the end of a spur road in sort of the mouth of a side canyon. That site is bigger than most, and it has some privacy since it's the last one on the spur. I think it's like in the NE portion of the CG. Do you know the one I'm talking about?

Here's what I wrote to them (below). Does this make sense, and is it up-to-date? I've been to Buckhorn relatively recently, but it's been a while since I've camped. My memory is suspect.

The site is on a spur road after you cross the creek (usually dry). You want to turn left after you cross the creek and work your way as far back in as you can into the mouth of a small side canyon.

The site is at the back end (NE end) of the spur road. The very farthest camp site is quite large and can take just about any sized tent. This site would be the best for a group gathering spot.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

mattmaxon wrote:Image
Matt, you're a stinkin' genius!! :)

Thanks much,

HJ
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Matt, you're a stinkin' genius!! :)
Thanks much,

HJ
Glad to be of service!