San Gabriel Mountain Winter Alpine Climbing Guide

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

A long enough title, for sure.

Here's the link: http://www.summitpost.org/custom-object ... outes.html

It will be updated as time goes by, just like the rock guide.

If any of y'all has anything you'd like to add, by all means go for it. Post it here, I'll copy it and give credit to you on the page. Photos as well, if you've got 'em.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

Do u have a SG winter hiking guide?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Eh?

Isn't that what this is?

(Disregard, just realized hiking vs climbing)

Climbing > hiking
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Do you have a snow tubing guide? With ratings? I never know where to go snow play.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Wheres the link to the Rock Guide again?

[edit] Never mind - found it.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Glendora Mountain has gravel tubing. Ratings go from easy for the GMR-Glendora traverse, to Xtr3m3 for the Newman Point to San Gabriel River slide.

Snow is unsafe. One should avoid activities in winter, for their pulse could rise to unsafe levels, and they could experience "fun" which should be taxed twice before being made illegal.

Your choice of fun activities is immature and irresponsible, and could lead to a SAR team having to extract you after you got a small abrasion on your leg from the tube. This takes away from SAR being able to help in an accident involving an overturned three-wheeled bus full of blind lesbian nuns with no legs and seven fingers on each hand, forced to the bottom of Tujunga Canyon by those evil, evil sports car driving hellians and young folks on their god-dern filth-flarn motor-bicycles from that damn place with the red meatball flag and short people with small feet.

I have already informed the authorities regarding your intent.