Let's make a difference, California!

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Taco

Post by Taco »

You know, it's really sad that the folks on the east coast own slaves. They should come over to our union over here and partake in our vegetable tree harvests, and ample silkworm populations.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

HAHA I just got stupider watching that
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Anyone running for City Council anywhere should watch that video first.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Taco you owe me 2:34 of my life back.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Ouch! No wonder Californians get a bad rep from the rest of the nation.

Oh well... gotta' get to Home Depot to buy me sum vejtable treez...

(I'm with Zach. Taco, you also me 2:34!)
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

That did it. Killed off the last working brain cell I had. I am now a vegetable. Hang me from a tree.

This has got to be bad karma for someone...
simonov

Post by simonov »

AlanK wrote:Anyone running for City Council anywhere should watch that video first.
I suppose there are a few more crazies in Santa Cruz, but all city council meetings everywhere draw more than their fair share of loons.

A few years ago some of the local burghers here in Costa Mesa asked me to run for city council. I couldn't face having to deal with women like the one in the video all the time, so I declined.
Nunc est bibendum
phydeux

Post by phydeux »

You can't fix stupid. That video is the best reason yet to divide California into two states.

Sadly, that's not too far from the truth when it comes to the average citizen-speaker at any city council/county supervior meeting I've been to.
simonov

Post by simonov »

phydeux wrote:You can't fix stupid. That video is the best reason yet to divide California into two states.
You post as if there aren't people like that south of the Grapevine.

I can assure you, there are and worse.
Nunc est bibendum
dgrimreaper

Post by dgrimreaper »

and um, wow...

I'd like to see her make a car.
phydeux

Post by phydeux »

simonov wrote:
phydeux wrote:You can't fix stupid. That video is the best reason yet to divide California into two states.
You post as if there aren't people like that south of the Grapevine.

I can assure you, there are and worse.
Yeah, there's some pretty whacky folks down here. But I'd separate California into two parts: 1) from Los Angeles County up to Sonoma County along the coast, 2)everything else. That'll pretty much divide it along conservative/liberal counties. Maybe a third dividing line along the northern border of Kern County.
simonov

Post by simonov »

Another California-based loon:
At a town hall meeting in Georgetown, a woman demanded to know why Castle and his colleagues were “ignoring” questions about Obama’s birth certificate — questions that have been put to rest repeatedly by state officials in Hawaii, where the birth certificate and all other credible evidence show that Obama was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961.

When Castle countered that Obama is, in fact, “a citizen of the United States,” the crowd erupted in boos, the woman seized control of the gathering and led a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance. The video went viral; by Sunday, it had been viewed on YouTube more than half a million times.

And birthers say members should expect more of the same in the coming weeks.

“Absolutely,” says California resident Orly Taitz, the Russian-born attorney/dentist who has become a kind of ringleader for the movement. “It is a very important issue, one that politicians should have taken up a long time ago.”

Moments after speaking with POLITICO Saturday, Taitz posted a call to arms on her blog:

“I believe it is a serious concern and I hope that each and every decent American comes to town hall meetings with a video camera and demands action,” she wrote.
Nunc est bibendum
dgrimreaper

Post by dgrimreaper »

You have to watch out for those foreign born lawyer/dentists. Their mean and unrelenting. I think those types are the same ones that own and operate the Donut/Chinese Food "restaurants".

Who comes up with these things?
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

The title to this post should have been "Off your rocker", not off topic 8)

Remember that it's legal to smoke what you grow in your own back yard in "Santa Cruz", someone used way too much "Pesticides" on their plants.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

I saw this on another email thread form a friend.
We may not blame California as it said she was a former Miss Tennessee or something.
Zach

Post by Zach »

I'd wager to say that lady is probably just below the average intelligence quotient for this upcoming generation.

Bottom Line: We're Fucked.