Ontario Peak/Icehouse Canyon tomorrow

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Is anyone interested in some easy climbing/scrambling in the Ontario Peak area tomorrow?
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

me and ze will in the area. icehouse parking lot 730
platypii

Post by platypii »

Hey, this sounds like a fun adventure! I don't actually know anyone here personally, and I'm relatively new to the board, but I was wondering if you guys mind if I tagged along? I had been looking for something to do this weekend.

Just to give a little background, I can definitely handle myself out there. I would probably have been at tahquitz this weekend, but unfortunately my rope had to be retired (too many SG canyons...) So I'm down for whatever...
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Arright, well I'll be parking in IHC, and I expect to be there at 1000am. (Not looking to get an early start, feeling sick tonight).

If you're interested in my trip, a light harness or webbing/cord to make a Swiss Seat, plus some runners and biners is all you'd need. And plenty of water...

My objective is merely to scout out a terrain feature for future use. That said, it's up 4-5th class terrain, and I'll likely have to rapp to the base of the feature. Should be chill though.

EDIT: Eh fuck it, I'll be there at 0715 or before Ze and company!!!!! Gotta talk on the way up, yo.