Half Dome 7-12-2009

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

LD

Post by LD »

Leave it to you to find some obscure peak to climb. It must have been hard to find beta on this peak. :wink:
I’ll have to check out this “Yosamite Park” out. Looks nice.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

This is just Ze's warmup. He's starting up the Regular Northwest Face next thursday.

These are facts.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

TacoDelRio wrote:This is just Ze's warmup. He's starting up the Regular Northwest Face next thursday.

These are facts.
not enough punishment...think north dome gully up, yosemite falls trail down...cool tr again ze.....
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

lol. man if I had the time and did any investigation, I would have tried to do a cross country trek from Half Dome to Clouds rest (as opposed to going back to the trail). I was tempted...
friendowl

Post by friendowl »

awesome pics.....sitting on that rock and looking down must be intense...
great video of the cables....gives people a good idea of what they are facing...after a long ass walk up there.......john muir trail goes to tuolumne and you can take the shuttle back down.....cathedral lake is awesome to spend the night.....
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Very nice! I hope to get up there one day. Cool pix angles on the cable portion - just looking at them gave me vertigo.

I thought Yosemite National Park was an amusement park ride, like the Universal Studios tram tour. I think you have made a bold and important discovery. :lol:
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

i wish i could have done this!
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Nice TR. It is strange how crowded such an obscure rock can get. When I was there last, there were so many people, they may have well paved a road to the TH.