Mt Baldy 6/4/09

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

My son Ian, a friend from Arizona and her 2 dogs went to Mt Baldy on Thursday 6/4

We where (I was) determined to take out that tree on the trail around 7600ft and hauled a chainsaw up there.

Made quick work of the tree and restored the trail to it's original route

We arrived at the summit around 11am and damm it was cold! Wind was about 40mph temp was about 40-50deg but with the wind it felt much colder...

We could see a fire burning over on San Gorgonio Mtn but with the high winds I didn't see any helo activity

We stopped at the F6F Hellcats on the way down something I've been meaning to do for years. it is always sobering to visit these sites

Photos of the site

It's off to Mt Baden-Powell today! Hopefully we won't get too wet :lol:

Regards
Matt
He219

Post by He219 »

Nice detailed Hellcat pix, Matt!
:)
The radial engine is just a little lower down Goode Canyon ..
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

mattmaxon wrote: I was determined to take out that tree on the trail around 7600ft and hauled a chainsaw up there.

Thanks Matt. Cutting that tree would have cost the Forest Service about a million stimulus dollars. :D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

mattmaxon wrote:We where (I was) determined to take out that tree on the trail around 7600ft and hauled a chainsaw up there.

Nice work, Matt.

I think I may have already said it, but in case I haven't, thanks for the flower ID's from a week or two ago.

Good pics.

HJ