May 30th Baldy up Baldy Village down Ski hut trail

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
JEFFSCOF

Post by JEFFSCOF »

Was wondering if anyone wants to do this with me tomorrow. We can meet at manker flats tomorrow park one car there and drive down to the village. Look forward to hearing from you...
simonov

Post by simonov »

I'm starting at Wanker and will probably see you there as I am spending the night at the top.
Nunc est bibendum
JEFFSCOF

Post by JEFFSCOF »

Cool, look for me i'm the guy in the orange shirt and black hat...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jeffscof/MtBaldyWithCharlie#
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hey Jeff!

Have you hiked up the Village Trail before?
JEFFSCOF

Post by JEFFSCOF »

Yes I've done it once, it kicked my arse. Want to get in shape for some summits my friend Adam and I are doing 4th of July week. Remember Adam from our SG hike? Later.
Funyan005

Post by Funyan005 »

I was up there today, be careful of the thunderstorms. Very easy to see lightning and as we descended the devils backbone it got really windy and wet. Little thunder was booming as we were booking it directly off the summit of baldy.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I was coming back from Islip today and got a good soaking from a T-storm. No lightning or thunder, but the rocks, they was a movin'.

By the way, my knee is doing better. I've been on 5 hikes so far this month, and my knee hasn't really bothered me. I can tell it's not 100%, but hopefully cycling and swimming at the gym will bring it around.

Sheesh am I ever out of shape. Islip is a pretty easy peak, but I was really feeling the altitude which tells my my cardio fitness has really declined. :(

Still, a great day to be out on the trail and to be on the re-opened section of Hwy 2.

HJ