Baldy via Village Trail (again) 5/9/09

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hiked Baldy up the Village trail with my buddy, Jeff, again. Next week, we'll do something different We've just been doing this as a good, conditioning hike. We made it to the summit in I thin, 3 hours, 15 minutes. He'll correct me if I'm wrong. Since I woke up at 2:45 to start this hike by 4:00 AM, I'm a little forgetful at the moment.

Anyway. the weather was pleasantly warm early in the morning. The weather on the summit was great. The air quality was pretty poor, due to the SB fire. On the way down, we met GigiMike and 2 other nice guys, whose names I cannot recall...Richard? And?? Sorry guys, but it was a pleasure to meet you! They were doing the 6 peak loop today, which I plan on trying soon.

As we neared the trailhead, we came across a few hikers, who I hope make it home okay today. You know the type- ill prepared, carrying very little water...and only a mile or two into the hike asking "Am I almost there?"

Well, that was my 20th time on the good old Baldy summit. Hooray!
JEFFSCOF

Post by JEFFSCOF »

Congrats on your 20th summit. When I get in better shape Liz I want to do San Gorgonio with you. I need you to motivate me I want to break my best time on vivian and I know what a speed demon you are....How many times have you done San Gorgonio?
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Liz wrote:On the way down, we met GigiMike...
lol. I think you mean GigaMike. :)
Liz

Post by Liz »

Ha ha! Yup! I meant GigaMike! :P
Liz

Post by Liz »

Oh, and Jeff...If I make the San Gorgonio summit tomorrow, it'll be my 10th time on that summit. The last time I stood atop that summit was when I did the South Fork loop with you. I hiked/snowshoed a little a couple months ago, but didn't even bother trying for the summit.
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

Sorry for the late reply...

It was good meeting you Liz & Jeff. It's a good thing you got a alpine start because it was very warm later in the day. It felt like July on the Three Tee's trail.

Btw Liz, nice job on joining the Baldy 20+ summits Club :P