Three Points to Twin Peaks, Waterman Mt

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

TR Here

not much snow left at all around these parts
Liz

Post by Liz »

Thanks for the TR. I just logged on, to see if anyone had been up Twin Peaks lately. My hubby and I tried about 3 weeks ago, but there was too much icy snow for our comfort. I'm thinking we may go back tomorrow.

:D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Good stuff Zé-man.

Cool that you were on the west ridge of Waterman. I was thinking about ascending Waterman via the west ridge and descending to Cloudburst Summit via a north ridge, then returning to 3 points via the PCT. What would your opinion be regarding ascending the west ridge (navigation, any 3rd class climbing required, etc.)?
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Liz wrote:Thanks for the TR. I just logged on, to see if anyone had been up Twin Peaks lately. My hubby and I tried about 3 weeks ago, but there was too much icy snow for our comfort. I'm thinking we may go back tomorrow.

:D
Great you should definitely go! Won't be a problem now.

HikeUp wrote:Good stuff Zé-man.

Cool that you were on the west ridge of Waterman. I was thinking about ascending Waterman via the west ridge and descending to Cloudburst Summit via a north ridge, then returning to 3 points via the PCT. What would your opinion be regarding ascending the west ridge (navigation, any 3rd class climbing required, etc.)?
Shouldn't be any major issues. No class 2 / 3, a decent use trail. Just stay on the ridge, which is easier to do going up than down. Of course Waterman's ridges aren't that defined, but as long as you follow your nickname, you'll be good. I don't even think its too steep.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Gotcha: (May 3rd, right?)

I'll be posting actual animal videos here in a minute - but I didn't get anything good (I was hoping for bighorns, but no luck)
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

voyeur! :P

i was thinking that might happen. too bad you didn't get any bighorn.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Dang. :shock: Um, I'm going hiking in Zimbabwe from now on. :D

I still don't know how you can tell who's who in that pic. You must have a high res version at home, yes?