Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Looks like.... fun... ;-)
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Great job making it to BHR! Nice writeup.

Yeah, so glad I didn't head into the brush with you guys. I watched for a while - every once in awhile a head would pop up out of the bushes then disappear again. Not my idea of fun.

What was the side trip up that gully on the east side of Cattle Cyn. all about? That ain't the shortcut! :D

Here's a link to my pics.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Ze, nice work, must be carrying around some shears to cut your way through some of that crap? Great Trip Report, good pictures.

Hike UP I figured out why they call you Hike Up - you're so tall it's all uphill for you
Image :lol:
Nice Pictures Hike UP
AW~

Post by AW~ »

great job ze&group...ooo la la ..confined spaces...:? some of the time at least...I was just thinking of that hike during the summer at 100 degrees :lol:
brian90620

Post by brian90620 »

Wow, that brush looks thick :shock: .........Im surprised you didnt run into any wild animals while crawling through it....... well cool pics, and I hope you did an excellent tick check when you got home......... 8)
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

HikeUp wrote:Great job making it to BHR! Nice writeup.

Yeah, so glad I didn't head into the brush with you guys. I watched for a while - every once in awhile a head would pop up out of the bushes then disappear again. Not my idea of fun.

What was the side trip up that gully on the east side of Cattle Cyn. all about? That ain't the shortcut! :D

Here's a link to my pics.

Yeah, there was a bit of confusion about the canyon. As you know I wasn't sure. Needless to say that when the canyon just disappeared, that wasn't good :shock:

I actually descended from the "Window" a hundred ft or so at the beginning of the trek. It was doable in that part though steep. Seemed to get a little less steep down below. Closer to the bottom one would be more concerned with the brush, but hey after that day it didn't matter.

I wouldn't suggest it as a shortcut though. And next time I go, I don't plan on coming back down Cattle Canyon :D

lilbitmo wrote:Ze, nice work, must be carrying around some shears to cut your way through some of that crap? Great Trip Report, good pictures.
Heh, no shears. Just hands, which I used to break a lot of branches. I need to get some gardener gloves for this crap!

brian90620 wrote:Wow, that brush looks thick :shock: .........Im surprised you didnt run into any wild animals while crawling through it....... well cool pics, and I hope you did an excellent tick check when you got home......... 8)

I did see some animal pooh in a few spots There was a nice sized present on top of the ridge, near the intersection of a few of these game trails. I wonder what from...
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

lilbitmo wrote:...I figured out why they call you Hike Up - you're so tall it's all uphill for you...
I was just trying to see what I would look like if I was as tall as Alan. :)
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

You guys are crazy. Dang Ze, you sure know how to torture yourself. But I'm glad you have fun doing it. Thats what it's all about.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

HikeUp wrote:
lilbitmo wrote:...I figured out why they call you Hike Up - you're so tall it's all uphill for you...
I was just trying to see what I would look like if I was as tall as Alan. :)
That wasn't me -- it was my son Eric.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

AlanK wrote:That wasn't me -- it was my son Eric.
Dang, I forgot my halo! :twisted:
Tim

Post by Tim »

Man, you guys sure like punishment! When do you plan on going the full way up BHR?
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

on a nice, cool day with little snow up to the top....when will that happen?! 8)