NF of San Jacinto

Discuss SoCal ranges other than the San Gabriels.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Hey, I'm looking to climb the NF of San J this week (3/16- 3/22). Preferably with someone who's done it before.

Tuesday, thursday, friday or sunday works for me

PM me if you are interested
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Zach, you'll get more responses if ou post on San Jacinto board (if you haven't already done so).

Sorry SGMDF'rs, I didn't mean any offense. Just more San J people on the San J board. :D

Have fun Zach if you make it out there. Wish I could join ya. Be safe up there. Remember, we gots a warm front right now, so snow will be soft and rockfall will be plenty.
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

Haven't done it before, but I want in. Tuesday would be awesome!
Zach

Post by Zach »

sweet! anyone else?!
Zach

Post by Zach »

F! I as going to go to that animal presentation in Pacific Palisades... how about thursday?
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

No dice.
Music video shoot on Thursday... Avy Course on Friday. I can do Monday or Wednesday though. Any luck there? The cougar thing is later on anyway, right?
Zach

Post by Zach »

your right, hmm we're gonna have to start early

tuesday it is then!
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

Whoo! Tuesday! Yeah, we should start at 4 or 5 I'd say... Need to research that approach pretty carefully in order to execute in the dark.
Taco

Post by Taco »

I'll hit it if I can get a ride out there. Gotta do the shuttle shuffle too.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

There should be a post, maybe two of them on the San Jacinto Board by tomorrow, as one group was going up early today, another was supposed to take the tram up, climb the summit, and ski down the chute into Snow Creek. Keep an eye on that board for current conditions.

Hope you all do it safe and sound - and stay away from falling rocks.

They were coming down the Baldy Bowl like "Pinballs" in an Arcade Machine today - lucky we were spared any direct hits.

I will post TR and pictures tomorrow when I get the other pictures from Bryan in the morning.

Zach we missed you today. :D
Taco

Post by Taco »

Who's bringing the saucers for the extreme descent?!
Zach

Post by Zach »

i was contemplating bringing a plastic yoga mat for the ride down...

lilbitmo: we did 8 miles today and i didn't get finished till close to 10... i thought about trying to play catch-up but i was tired, and hungry. Next time for sure!
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

TacoDelRio wrote:I'll hit it if I can get a ride out there. Gotta do the shuttle shuffle too.
After all that talk about how boring Snow Creek is; stairmaster this, yak plod that, look who's coming along!

It's nice to have you back Taco.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

yoskolo wrote:Whoo! Tuesday! Yeah, we should start at 4 or 5 I'd say... Need to research that approach pretty carefully in order to execute in the dark.
Alex - you need to start sooner. Get on the San J board, and try to PM a couple of the guys that just did it. See if you can get some beta. You need to top out early to avoid rockfall.

Zach - you got a helmet lined up? How about your boots, they come in yet? I got a brand new pair of Black Diamond Sabretoothe Pros with your name on them if you got your boots.

Taco - I'm sure Alex can swing by your house about midnight to pick you up.

All you guys - be careful and be safe. Good luck. May the force of antigravity be with you. :lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

yoskolo wrote:
TacoDelRio wrote:I'll hit it if I can get a ride out there. Gotta do the shuttle shuffle too.
After all that talk about how boring Snow Creek is; stairmaster this, yak plod that, look who's coming along!

It's nice to have you back Taco.
The descent is twice as boring. You have no idea.

I'm planning on bringing a bedsheet to use as a zipline. I will slide down the entire tram line with this. Don't worry, it's not nylon, it will not burn through.

Some folks I know did Snow Creek today...
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

TacoDelRio wrote:I'm planning on bringing a bedsheet to use as a zipline. I will slide down the entire tram line with this. Don't worry, it's not nylon, it will not burn through.
Whats the thread count?
Taco

Post by Taco »

EIGHT.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

That should do'er.

Looks like you guys are set.

Post by 406 »

I'm waiting for the snow to get soft...maybe April, if it doesn't get trashed by falling rock.
Taco

Post by Taco »

406, were you looking to just do it as a descent, or climb it then go down? Funny balance, with car shuttle if you tram up and ski down, but craaaaapppy climbing if you go up when the skiing would be better (so I assume).

Post by 406 »

^^^yeah, I'm not sure. I'm leaning toward climb and ski down as a long day trip. Would want to start skiing around 1400 at the latest. Although I'm open to other options if the skiing would be good.