Anything fun on Saturday?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Liz

Post by Liz »

None of my 3 hiking buddies are hiking with me this Saturday. Sigh. Is anyone doing anything fun? Just curious and looking for some inspiration. I'm up for trying new trails. After all, variety is the spice of life. :wink:
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

I'm having a BBQ. Thats fun. And you can also take my "self-guided" hike through my gardens for $15. Animal viewing is extra. :lol:
Liz

Post by Liz »

A BBQ? Wow, I'm there! Now, I could lie to you and say I don't eat much...and that you wouldn't even notice my presence, but I won't say that. Well, I'm still looking for a fun trail, but may do same old, same old. Sigh.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

I think we'll be hiking up the steep south ridge of Lawlor, head over to barley flats, down and then up to Vetter. I think about 4300 ft gain
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

I really really want to do the north face of San J on Saturday. Any takers?
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

yoskolo wrote:I really really want to do the north face of San J on Saturday. Any takers?
Way out of context.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

yoskolo wrote:I really really want to do the north face of San J on Saturday. Any takers?
Got a shuttle set up?
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

Not yet, but should be pretty simple with two cars. Are you volunteering?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I would, but I don't have a car anymore.

It was a tad tricky last time. I know someone going in mid March if you want me to hook you up with them. I might go as well for round two.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Sorry Liz - you've been jacked.

TacoDelRio wrote:I would, but I don't have a car anymore.

It was a tad tricky last time. I know someone going in mid March if you want me to hook you up with them. I might go as well for round two.
Yeah, March seems to be the time to go. I also know of a couple people who are going. Maybe same people. I would like to train my legs a little more before I go, so March looks good. I think there's going to be a party at base camp.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Perhaps a San J NF thread is needed....

(Don't look at me, it's "boring" :lol: )
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

TacoDelRio wrote:Perhaps a San J NF thread is needed....

(Don't look at me, it's "boring" :lol: )
Nah.....it's fun jacking girls. Liz just happens to be the first. So be gentle.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Liz

Post by Liz »

hi Ze! Who's "we" and where is that hike you mentioned? Liz
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

wrote:I think we'll be hiking up the steep south ridge of Lawlor, head over to barley flats, down and then up to Vetter. I think about 4300 ft gain
Zé, I'm planning a round trip from Alder Creek to Barley Flats so maybe I'll see you guys.

Bringing my loppers for this trail - I've read it can get overgrown pretty bad although I would think enough mountain bikers use it to keep it somewhat clear.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

oh awesome! i think John is contemplating heading up part of Alder creek then up to Vetter. what time are you starting? we'll not start probably till 9. we'll see ya if we get to Barley flats in time.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

wrote:oh awesome! i think John is contemplating heading up part of Alder creek then up to Vetter. what time are you starting? we'll not start probably till 9. we'll see ya if we get to Barley flats in time.
I should be at Barley by 9 if not sooner and, depending on how much stuff there is to explore around there, I should be heading back soon there after. You might catch me if there is a lot of pruning to do on the way down and I'm in the mood to do so! :D