Moderately strenuous hike this Sat?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Liz

Post by Liz »

None of my hiking buddies can hike with me this weekend. Blah. But I plan on hitting the trail anyway. I may do my old, winter standby: Wilson via Bailey Canyon, Hastings Peak and then down the Wilson Trail. I was just wondering if anyone else has plans to do something comparable this Saturday. I wanna do about 15-16 miles with around 4,500 feet elevation gain. I don't want anything easier. I don't want anything much harder, as I'm going out Friday night and also have plans on Saturday night. Woo hoo!
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Uhhhh.....I'm out. Don't think I can stand the embarrassment of a "girl" out hiking me.
Liz

Post by Liz »

You're afraid to hike with Super Girl again? Ha ha! Well, you were one of my hiking buddies I mentioned, who cannot join me. I may just end up going solo anyway. Oh well, it would be nice, alone time for me. I've got social engagements tonight and tomorrow, anyway. Cheers!
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Liz wrote:You're afraid to hike with Super Girl again? Ha ha! Well, you were one of my hiking buddies I mentioned, who cannot join me. I may just end up going solo anyway. Oh well, it would be nice, alone time for me. I've got social engagements tonight and tomorrow, anyway. Cheers!
My snowballs are still in recovery. They are not expected to start rolling around anytime soon. Doc says at least two more weeks of R&R. :lol:

I'll actually be doing a couple hikes this upcoming week but Papa Fuego is in from Chicago and I'll most likely be spending some time with him.

~EnFuego
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

As of right now I am planning on hiking up to Hastings Peak via Bailey Cyn Saturday morning, starting somewhere between 6:30a and 7:00a. I might just see you out there, or I might just sleep in - I won't know until then either!
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

i've organized a hike for tomorrow in the santa monicas, but not too strenuous...maybe 14 miles 3500 ft gain. would like to check out Hastings ridge sometime soon, if you guys get up there, take a gander south and see how the ridge is looking!
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hey Hikeup!

I will likely be at Bailey Canyon tomorrow. I'll be closer to 7 or 7:30. When I'm rested and feeling strong I can do this loop in under 6 hours. not sure how I'll do tomorrow, on likely little sleep. But oh well. Maybe I'll see you? I'll be the solo chick, with short, spiky hair and an orange backpack. If it's cool I'll be in a long sleeve, Smartwool shirt. If it's warm I'll be in a green tank top.

Cheers!
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Liz wrote:Hey Hikeup!

I will likely be at Bailey Canyon tomorrow. I'll be closer to 7 or 7:30. When I'm rested and feeling strong I can do this loop in under 6 hours. not sure how I'll do tomorrow, on likely little sleep. But oh well. Maybe I'll see you? I'll be the solo chick, with short, spiky hair and an orange backpack. If it's cool I'll be in a long sleeve, Smartwool shirt. If it's warm I'll be in a green tank top.

Cheers!
What color socks?
Liz

Post by Liz »

Ha ha! Depending on which boots I decide to wear...green or pink & gray. Any other questions?? :lol:
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Liz wrote:Ha ha! Depending on which boots I decide to wear...green or pink & gray. Any other questions?? :lol:
Not at this time. Thank you. :P
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Let's hope I remember to wear something. :twisted:

Ok, seriously, I'll be wearing my usual red hair and red goatee. Hope to see ya.
Augie

Post by Augie »

I'm doing Big Iron tomorrow with a friend who I've communicating with on SummitPost (Vic Hanson-he actually lives in Peru) but have never met in person. Sorry for the late notice Liz, but I see you don't want more than 5K of gain anyway. As you probably know, Big Iron is 7200' of gain and about 16 miles. There should be great views up there of Baldy and the Baden-Powell area. We are meeting at 7am at the Heaton Flat trailhead.