20081227 Third Time's Not a Charm

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Third attempt at a certain cool feature on Telegraph Peak's West Face. no cigar. Tried a different approach this time but didn't want to posthole up to my crotch in deep powder on top of Manzanita anymore.

I do NOT suggest going up to Icehouse Canyon, or anywhere up Baldy Road on a weekend. Horrible traffic. :x Crampons HIGHLY recommended for a good part of Icehouse Canyon Trail, due to loads of traffic turning the snow into ice.

Pics...

Fir Draw Ridge Crag thing looking badass and nearly ready...

Magical Kimchi Ridge

Sheep Canyon Headwall

Tele WF... soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fourth time's a charm, right? :?

CHP blocking off the intersection... go left to head to Upland, right to Claremont.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Some of those pics look pretty nice. If you attempt this again for a 4th time, I wouldn't mind walking the approach with you. I'm not sure about doing the crag just yet.

Are we still up for the sushi/summit party on the 3rd?

~EnFuego
Augie

Post by Augie »

TacoDelRio wrote:I do NOT suggest going up to Icehouse Canyon, or anywhere up Baldy Road on a weekend. Horrible traffic. :x Crampons HIGHLY recommended for a good part of Icehouse Canyon Trail, due to loads of traffic turning the snow into ice.
Nice pics of the conditions. Thanks for the warning of weekend traffic on Baldy Road.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

EnFuego, not sure about the 3rd. Might find out tomorrow. Next time I'm headed up there I'll drop ya a line.

Howdy Augie!

Post by 406 »

TacoDelRio wrote: Image
CHP blocking off the intersection... go left to head to Upland, right to Claremont.
Was CHP stopping people from driving up in the afternoon? Why not patrol the road and give tickets to the people stopping traffic?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

406 wrote:
TacoDelRio wrote: Image
Was CHP stopping people from driving up in the afternoon? Why not patrol the road and give tickets to the people stopping traffic?
I saw one unit go up north to the village. Some units staying down there to direct traffic...

Post by 406 »

^^^Better than nothing I guess.

By the way, nice photos.