Day trips...

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Gonna be doing daytrips, winter-ish mountaineering if anyone wants to tag along or meet up for a brew.

Steeper stuff that requires helmet, crampons, an axe. Sometimes more stuff, ropes and tools and whatnot. Just leaving this open ended as I know some of y'all like to get out and sharpen yer skills with that kinda stuff. I've got a fair amount of open days, expecting more weekdays than weekends to avoid unnecessary trouble with people on the road.

Have a good one.
kevin trieu

Post by kevin trieu »

Hey man,

Kevin from Snow Creek climb last year. I'm up for some steep stuff in the local mountains. Have not done much locally.

Cheers!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

What it is dude!

I'll be out a few times a week until I die or break too many bones. Got any day you wanna kill out there?

Leaning towards more technical stuff, basically steeper protected stuff basically, for training as well as necessity and whatnot.

"All the gear is for looks anyway" 8) :lol:
kevin trieu

Post by kevin trieu »

I've a pair of tools, five screws, two pickets for ice stuff and a full rock rack and two ropes to play with. I'm kind of limited to weekends as I work 9-5 in a mine. So which line in the local mountains have been giving you wet dreams?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I'll hit you up on Facebook if you don't mind. I've got a list of lines.

My two tools suck. Have been trying to get a better set for a couple years but bad things always seem to happen when I've got close to enough money. :-(
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

Used gear sales at Arcadia and HB REIs on the 3rd, homes.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

On the calendar! Too bad I'm broke... surprise.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

There's a guy selling some schtuff on the San Gorgonio board:
http://members.boardhost.com/sgva/msg/1230668342.html
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Thanks Jim, checked his out last night. I need some 50-57cm ice tools and some screws is all. Too bad that means beaucoup $$$$$$$$4
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

CAMP Awax tools on REI outlet for 140? They aren't so modular or made of supah cahbun fybah, they seem well designed and made. I might snag a pair for this season..
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Fritz has a pair. Haven't tried them yet but I believe Camp is one of the most under-rated companies out there. They make badass stuff.

Also thinking of the Black Diamond Venom's though. I feel they're probably the most versatile tools/axes for the SG's, as they're right in between, and you can get them in longer lengths (maximum for a matched pair is 57cm). Adze goes up to 64cm, hammer to 57cm. $130 each.

Gotta get new tires first though from good old Used Tire King in Ontario. $100 for 4, mounted. 8) Then insurance, so I'll have about $40 or so for gas for the next two weeks. I don't make enough money to buy any new gear at all, unfortunately. It'll be this way for a long time. :?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Oh yeah,

Gonna give the West Face Couloir of Telegraph another shot tomorrow. I want to be in the Icehouse Canyon parking lot at 0500 shaaaaaaaarp!
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

You best start slinging more half-caf-soy-jizzfree-mochachocalatti..

hm...those venoms do look pretty nice..
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

:lol: