Icehouse Canyon, 7 December 2008

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
simonov

Post by simonov »

Intending to summit Ontario Peak, I walked up to Icehouse Saddle this morning. It's still there, I'm pleased to report, but not so sure about Ontario Peak. It started drizzling on me at the Saddle, and of course here in SoCal that is something we simply do not have to put up with if we don't want to, and I don't want to. So I turned around.

There were some Boy Scouts or something at Kelly's Camp; I heard them whooping it up all the way up from Telegraph Wash. Since I left at 5:40am, I had the whole canyon to myself, until I was about halfway down and ran into flocks of Koreans coming up.

First snow appeared in patches just below the Saddle. I don't know how high up the snow on the trail starts, probably a lot higher. You couldn't see much from the Saddle because the higher elevations were covered with clouds.

A handful of pics taken with my new, concealable, Canon A590.
Nunc est bibendum
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

simonov wrote:It started drizzling on me at the Saddle, and of course here in SoCal that is something we simply do not have to put up with if we don't want to, and I don't want to. So I turned around.
Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

:lol: