Mountain Lion sighted near JPL: 2008-01-16

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice video. :shock:
Rob

Post by Rob »

FIGHT ON wrote:Look how big the paws are.
FIGHT ON, I edited the post adding a photo showing the underside of the bobcat's paw.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Rob wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote:Look how big the paws are.
FIGHT ON, I edited the post adding a photo showing the underside of the bobcat's paw.
DUDE!!!! :shock: :shock: IS THAT FOR REALS? you did something with that photo shop thing right? IF that is for real then it's really amazing. And you know when that cat puts weight on it it fans out even more. Man I wanna see it run after something. You know it's fast dude. Bobcats are cool! I saw one a few years ago on the Mt. Wilson Toll Road next to Mt. Harvard. I had a mouse in its mouth and was above the trail looking down at me. So cool.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Cool pix, and yeah, that's a bobcat.
brian90620

Post by brian90620 »

FIGHT ON wrote: Bobcats are cool!
Here's a pic I took of a bobcat crossing the ACH right in front of me while I was driving near Islip Saddle last fall.

Sorry I must be really dumb, but I can't figure out how to post the pic directly on this post :? I try to attach the file but it doesn't allow me to post it...
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

brian90620 wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote: Bobcats are cool!
Here's a pic I took of a bobcat crossing the ACH right in front of me while I was driving near Islip Saddle last fall.

Sorry I must be really dumb, but I can't figure out how to post the pic directly on this post :? I try to attach the file but it doesn't allow me to post it...
Spooky. even his nose is lit up!
search simonovs post history. He has instructions on how to display pics from flikr.
JMunaretto

Post by JMunaretto »

FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

shouldn't you be studying or doing homework instead of playing on the computer ALL THE TIME?! :shock:
J Mc

Post by J Mc »

Check out this little kitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=welpr2_nfW8

According to the you-tuber, CougarMagic, he filmed the mountain lion in Gold Canyon - off Big Tujunga Road - on March 3rd at 9:02pm.

The video was shot with a Scout Guard 550 trail cam. CougarMagic says he left the camera out for 6 weeks, but got lucky and filmed the mountain lion on the first week.

Anyone up for a night hike up Gold Canon? :shock:

--- J
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Looks like a big 'un.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

That's me! And I'm a "she" by the way. No more cougar shots lately (lots of tracks around though). I did get some real nice video of a bear. Will post that on YouTube tonight.

Those bobcat pics are amazing by the way! Wish I could be so lucky to see one like that!
J wrote:Check out this little kitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=welpr2_nfW8

According to the you-tuber, CougarMagic, he filmed the mountain lion in Gold Canyon - off Big Tujunga Road - on March 3rd at 9:02pm.

--- J
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Courgarmagic...please keep posting links to your YouTube videos. Good stuff.

BTW, today there was a news story about a dork (I'm being very nice about this) who tried to pet some mountain lion cubs and was given a 'what for' by momma lion. In Orange County.
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

Forgive me for paraphrasing(badly):

1st report I read was they were going to try and sedate the lion and transport her and the cubs to a facility in San Diego that was willing to take them.

2nd report was that officials didn't think this animal was a threat. Naturally this was after they couldn't find her.

3rd report suggests they are suspicious of the hiker's story as they couldn't substantiate fresh tracks.....
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

all the more reason he's an idiot.