Get TO the mountains

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Rudy Rodriguez

Post by Rudy Rodriguez »

Well, if you're like me you cannot afford a car. I've used the bus with success to get to places like Arroyo Seco and Millard canyon. The hike from the bus stop to either trailhead points is less than 2 miles. Sure you have to add the mileage to your initial hiking distance but it still means you get to go to the mountains. Well, last night I wound up at Millard canyon, after watching the fireworks at the Rose Bowl, from the ridge at Chaney trail. It was late and I was tired from hiking for the past few days. Anyways, I figured on giving Uber a try, once I realized their app was already on my phone. Well it was pretty cheap. It costs $16 to get from Chaney Trail (where the road closed barrier is) to Boyle Heights, near DTLA. It was money very well spent. This afternoon out of curiosity I checked and Uber will take me as far as Red Box gap, where the Harakmongva cultural center is! I think that is a very fine price to pay for aride that far into the mtns. I don't have any friends who would take me there for $16! Transportation has always been the biggest roadblock to me as far as going to the mtns. Even if you have a car this could be very useful to you.
Sean

Post by Sean »

That's pretty cheap. I probably spend that much just in gas driving my SUV to Red Box and back.