2014joolie12 Cascade Canyon with the gang

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Got our very own Sean Cucamonga and Henry out there on their first canyoneering trip. Welcome to the mindlessness! Had Ty, Amanda, and Jeff as the Machete Brothers for this trip. Missed a couple fools but they're up north getting into trouble or working in Alaska.

Had a good amount of bushwhacking through the vines on the way in. Lotta bugs, lotta spiky plants, lotta fun.

ImageJeff by TacoDelRio, on Flickr
Here be Jeff falling into a pit of vines. He loves this kinda crap.

ImageTy by TacoDelRio, on Flickr
Ty showing off how cool he is with his color coordination on the second rappel, a two stage with a stinky pool of decomposing leaf litter in it.

ImageArmando by TacoDelRio, on Flickr
I'm not sure who this is, but she kept following us so we gave her some gear and she played for us some tunes of her people.

ImageSean Cucamonga by TacoDelRio, on Flickr
Look who it is! Sean Cucamonga! He doesn't yet understand what he's going to get into after this trip. Heheheh. His face is concealed to protect his reputation.

ImageLast rapp by TacoDelRio, on Flickr
Things sure have gotten fancy here, with a two bolt anchor. Whew!

Reckon some of you guys will add more photos! Thanks for the trip!
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Thanks for showing us how it's done, Taco. I'm sure your new method of bush-hacking while boulder surfing will catch on with the younglings sooner or later.

Watching the Machete Brothers do their thing made me so hungry that I ate all of these berries.

However, I think the berries had hallucinogenic properties, because I thought I saw you attempt to swing from one log to another on a branch--and fail epicly.

You subsequently redeemed yourself, though, with a perfect rope toss. (I won't mention the other, not-so-perfect one.)

But seriously, Henry and I both had a blast on our first canyoneering adventure.

And we had a lot of fun hanging out with the Machete Brothers, even though we couldn't understand half of the things you guys said to each other.

Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Heheheheheh 8)
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Wow, looks like a rough and tumble trip. Big rappels, rotting leaves, thorny bushes, and wild blackberries. What else could you want?

Sean, you look comfortable in that harness, but you were probably figuring out in your head how to down climb those walls without rope. I'm sure you will pick up the canyoneer dialect in time.

Nice work all around.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Taco wrote: ImageLast rapp by TacoDelRio, on Flickr
Things sure have gotten fancy here, with a two bolt anchor. Whew!
Taco, in this last rapp picture, where is the rope below the the guy on rappel headed off to? Was it some odd camera angle?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I got the pullcord for this rapp stuck on a dead tree branch way above Ty. He got it down later. Shoulda thrown the rope a little further right!

But if you ask me, I was trying to be a dick to Ty. 8)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Taco wrote: I got the pullcord for this rapp stuck on a dead tree branch way above Ty. He got it down later. Shoulda thrown the rope a little further right!

But if you ask me, I was trying to be a dick to Ty. 8)
LOL! Yo comprendo...
James

Post by James »

Awesome trip you guys. Great TR and photos. The other fools were trying to machete through granite and floating down stream in Alaska.

You're lucky you can't understand half of what is said. :)

Can't wait for another crazy canyon.