THERe'S GOLD IN THEM HILLS

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
fortified

Post by fortified »

There are areas where gold was mined in the hills. I assume it was in the 1800's to early 1900's, but don't know. I know nothing about mining, but would guess the miners went to likely areas until they came up with something, and mined until it was not paying off. But the actual mining was a fraction of one percent of the hills. I would think there is gold in many various places just out of view. I wonder if anyone recently has found an area where gold is and secretly dug looking for more. Anyone have knowledge about San Gabriel Mountain gold?
And isn't there supposed to be millions in gold from the Mexican army, lost wherever it was buried......I read that one some years ago, and decided that gold probably bought someone a lot of land somewhere.
tracker

Post by tracker »

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. :D
Honestly- folks that are finding gold aren't likely to talk about it.
Yes, it is happening.
fortified

Post by fortified »

So, just between you and I......would one go near an old mine, or new areas....we can delete this thread when we are done, yes....or edit at least...Hey, I lost two million dollars in 2008. I can dream, can't I?
tracker

Post by tracker »

Any miner would agree - The best place to find gold is where gold has already been found.
I'm sure it gets complicated, but the statement does make some sense.
fortified

Post by fortified »

Thanks!
disclaimer: side effects may include soar muscles, gold fever, breaking the law, federal theft, headaches. Do not try this at home. This is not a solicitation to buy or sell a product. Driver on a closed course, and will most likely end with wasted time. This thread will self destruct. (Exits the cone of silence)
tracker

Post by tracker »

You might also try lurking on a mining/prospecting forum. I'd suggest nuggetshooters.com. You won't get locations out of that bunch but you will get ideas on the different methodologies. There are a couple of regular posters that live and operate in SoCal.
fortified

Post by fortified »

More golden info. I will check that out
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

tracker wrote: Any miner would agree - The best place to find gold is where gold has already been found.
I'm sure it gets complicated, but the statement does make some sense.
It's in the dirt.........:)
fortified

Post by fortified »

Thanks for the article V-girl.
ATTENTION..."ur2slo" "IN THE DIRT" Does that mean in the dirt of a mine, a creak, or ....Their is a whole lot of "dirt" in the mountains.
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

fortified wrote: Thanks for the article V-girl.
ATTENTION..."ur2slo" "IN THE DIRT" Does that mean in the dirt of a mine, a creak, or ....Their is a whole lot of "dirt" in the mountains.
Therein lies the problem.....more dirt than gold.

I still remember being taught panning years ago, by ole Dave. Told me, " Well, we start by removing all the dirt in the pan till you see the gold. If you don't see no gold then add more dirt till you do"

Trust me, it's there..... 8)

Happy sluicing..........
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

fortified

Post by fortified »

Or you can find $10,000,000 dollars worth in your back yard. One good place to find coins around your house? If your house is old enough to of had a "gravity furnace" with the floor vents.....check under the house below the old vents. personally, I left at least a hundred small "time capsules" from Kitchen remodeling jobs, and houses I flipped. Coins, newspapers, and memorabilia of the day. No one will find them until the kitchen is remodeled again....probably more fun than valuable.

THE TEN MILLION HERE.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... z2uSryfOsJ
tracker

Post by tracker »

I wonder if they really found it on their property?