Nice lion photos

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I've been working with Denis Callet ( a local wildlife photographer) this summer. We've gotten some great images. Basically I've worked hard to find the locations, and he knows the photography techniques. It's been a lot of fun!

Usually August and September are slow for wildlife - it gets hot, and dry, and they just don't seem very active. But this year is different. I'm not a biologist, so I don't know why...

RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Those shots are amazing. Thank you for sharing.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

So...triplets? :D

Nice stuff you two.
tracker

Post by tracker »

Great shots. Thanks for sharing. Much more than your basic trail-cam I'm thinking.
I stumbled on a fresh kill a couple hours ago in Limekiln Canyon. You would have to know someone at SoCal Gas to get access to the property though.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

tracker wrote: Great shots. Thanks for sharing. Much more than your basic trail-cam I'm thinking.
I stumbled on a fresh kill a couple hours ago in Limekiln Canyon. You would have to know someone at SoCal Gas to get access to the property though.
Bummer! I've been in Limekiln I think (north of Little T canyon road, right?)...didn't know it was private property.

Edit: Nope, I was confused... I bet you mean Porter Ranch.

The really good shot is from a Canon 40D, the others are a Pentax point and shoot. I still like my Bushnells for video, but of course they don't get color at night.
tracker

Post by tracker »

cougarmagic wrote: I bet you mean Porter Ranch.
Yup. The entry kiosk is at Tampa and Sesnon. I'll be working there for the next couple days so I'll check on it. Maybe I'll give Seth a call and see if any of his are over that way.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

You weren't lion. ;-)
Teejate

Post by Teejate »

AWESOME!

Man...that's one animal I want to see up there. I saw a cub once on my mountain bike years ago. All I wanted to do was stop. What I did was go...as calmly as possible. :)

Thanks for sharing those. Excellent shots.
tracker

Post by tracker »

Teejate wrote: AWESOME!

Man...that's one animal I want to see up there. I saw a cub once on my mountain bike years ago. All I wanted to do was stop. What I did was go...as calmly as possible. :)

Thanks for sharing those. Excellent shots.
It is awesome to see them in person in the wild. I've seen more than my share but I have to say - I'll never really get use to it. Every encounter burns a couple frames into my brain.:shock:
I'm glad to see that the tagged one from Glendale is laying low.