Kids first backpacking trip.

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

For a while now I've wanted my kids to experience backpacking. Well this past weekend I had my chance. I took my 13 year old and 6 year old to Hoegee's and the trip went really well.

This may have been their first backpacking trip but I have been grooming their legs to handle some miles doing dayhikes but I figured it would be a good time to introduce them to backpacking...the weather this past weekend was just perfect.

Trip report http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com/2012 ... -kids.html
longcut

Post by longcut »

Mangus,
Dude great great trip man. I took my daughter there for our first trip too. This one definitely put a smile on my face. Your kids are awesome! Cleaning and bushcrafting after all that hiking, thats very cool. I've gone a few more times with my family now and i can tell they remember this fondly, keep it up man, your kids will appreciate it! oh and cool pics of your Foster cook pot, mine is a Heineken pot! I have a recommendation for your next trip with the kids, the Mist Trail in Yosemite Valley! I did this with my family and it was phenomenal.

longcut
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

longcut wrote: Mangus,
Dude great great trip man. I took my daughter there for our first trip too. This one definitely put a smile on my face. Your kids are awesome! Cleaning and bushcrafting after all that hiking, thats very cool. I've gone a few more times with my family now and i can tell they remember this fondly, keep it up man, your kids will appreciate it! oh and cool pics of your Foster cook pot, mine is a Heineken pot! I have a recommendation for your next trip with the kids, the Mist Trail in Yosemite Valley! I did this with my family and it was phenomenal.

longcut
Thanks! A trip is in the works to do a small portion of the JMT this year (around August) and I can tell you the kids are excited.

My son has already requested that we do Mt. Wilson and then Mt. Baldy sometime soon and my daughter wants to go to Henninger Flats.
Pretendingtowork

Post by Pretendingtowork »

Angus, nice meeting you on the trail, thanks for showing me this site, it's great!!!
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

That might just be the best board name I've seen in a while Pretendingtowork - I'm just glad you're not a "Politician" as that would be "redundant" :wink: :D
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Pretendingtowork wrote: Angus, nice meeting you on the trail, thanks for showing me this site, it's great!!!
It was good meeting you and your son too. We need to plan our next trip out!
Pretendingtowork

Post by Pretendingtowork »

lilbitmo wrote: That might just be the best board name I've seen in a while Pretendingtowork - I'm just glad you're not a "Politician" as that would be "redundant" :wink: :D

Thanks!!! I run a family business, so no redundancy here.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

Love the trip report, cant wait to get my kids out more!!!

Pretendingtowork wrote:
lilbitmo wrote: That might just be the best board name I've seen in a while Pretendingtowork - I'm just glad you're not a "Politician" as that would be "redundant" :wink: :D

Thanks!!! I run a family business, so no redundancy here.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice trip. About time I took my daughter out for her first overnight hike.

HJ