Three T's

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
lesper4

Post by lesper4 »

So we hiked the Three T's for the frist time last Saturday. Beautiful weather although it was a little windy on the NE side. It was chilly only because we were sweating and the wind was cooling us off. I was supprised how little use that trail shows. Not only were we making fresh tracks the entire time but the trail was very narrow inbetweeen bushes showing very little wear. Spikes of some kind were deffinitly required as most of the snow had frozen over. One of our parties had shoes and poles so we tried to cut a bigger step in. There was some powder left with a crust on top but not much. Very beautiful and nice to see the mountain from the opposite side.

Enjoy the pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12210819@N ... 101040713/
longcut

Post by longcut »

the link is broken. i'd like to check your pics out, can you try posting another link?
lesper4

Post by lesper4 »

How about now?
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

lesper4 wrote: How about now?
It's working fine.

Hey, how far up Icehouse before you hit any significant snow?

HJ
longcut

Post by longcut »

thanks lesper, that hit the spot. i'll be heading up there sunday, it's looking like it will be a really nice run.
lesper4

Post by lesper4 »

If I recall there was now snow to Icehosue Saddle, I think we did hit about 3-4 icy patches.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

lesper4 wrote: If I recall there was now snow to Icehosue Saddle, I think we did hit about 3-4 icy patches.
Hey, that's not bad. Maybe I'll head up tomorrow morning. I was just trying to avoid ice since I'm just hiking in trail runner type shoes these days.

HJ