Crystal Lake News

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Just a few things...

1. The road to the lake itself is closed as of last Sunday OCT 23. Some campgrounds are closed there as well. Reason? There probably isn't one.
2. Adam's Crystal Lake Cafe and General Store IS STILL OPEN. It's important that folks know this because he's trying to keep his business going. He's a good man and he runs a good business with all his heart. If you haven't visited him and tried some of the chili he makes, you owe it to yourself. He is a big part of the San Gabriels.

Go to the cafe and get some chili, or I'll ban you.

This message has been brought to you by the admin.
8)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Is that a change? Last two times I was there all the CG's were closed and the road to the lake itself was closed to cars (open on foot). I don't think the CG's or the road to the road to the lake itself have been open since the road to the visitor center and cafe got re-opened, yes?

HJ

Edit: added that road to lake only closed to cars not foot traffic
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Ahahaha. Looks like I'll be dropping by to try the chili.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Hikin_Jim wrote: Is that a change? Last two times I was there all the CG's were closed and the road to the lake itself was closed to cars (open on foot). I don't think the CG's or the road to the road to the lake itself have been open since the road to the visitor center and cafe got re-opened, yes?

HJ

Edit: added that road to lake only closed to cars not foot traffic
It was open for a while. I was rather enjoying that because it made the walk to the crag even shorter.
Layne Cantrell

Post by Layne Cantrell »

Taco wrote: Go to the cafe and get some chili, or I'll ban you.
That was awesome. Now I'm totally going.