Manker flat to skihut 04-30-11

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Illusive

Post by Illusive »

Nothing special, I bet everyone else on this site has gone up to the ski hut before. Well guess what not me! My first time and my g/f first too :D

We took off around 4:00 pm and hit the ski hut around 5:45.

It was great, We were generously given some hot soup, with potatoes, carrots, broccali, sliced sausage. It was yummy.

Conditions were pretty chilly and windy about halfway up the wind picked up pretty fierce. Temps were in the 35*F range and in the 20*F with windchill factored in when we left around 6:30 or so.

Didn't stop to take a lot of photo's as my E-tip gloves are pretty badly worn and it takes several tries to get the tap on the iphone to register to take the photo. Since it was cold didn't like standing around for too long.

Link to our photo's:
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1068107
simonov

Post by simonov »

The sliced sausage soup indicated the presence of Pavel, and sure enough there he was in the last photo.
Nunc est bibendum
MattCav

Post by MattCav »

Way cool, Jason. I'm planning on going up thataways between monday and thursday this week. Hit me up if you're in.
Illusive

Post by Illusive »

simonov wrote: The sliced sausage soup indicated the presence of Pavel, and sure enough there he was in the last photo.
Yes indeed. He was a very nice guy to meet. Showed me some video's of a young buck carrying up two half keg's of beer to the ski hut, and the snow storm 2 weeks ago as viewed from the ski hut.
Illusive

Post by Illusive »

MattCav wrote: Way cool, Jason. I'm planning on going up thataways between monday and thursday this week. Hit me up if you're in.
For sure. I'd like to summit baldy via the ski hut and also from bear flats, as I haven't done either route yet.