Hikin_Jim's wedding day!

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

If I'm not mistaken, today is Jim's wedding day. Congratulations and best wishes for a long happy marriage!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Happy Wedding Day dude!
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

HikeUp wrote:If I'm not mistaken, today is Jim's wedding day. Congratulations and best wishes for a long happy marriage!
I'll drink to that! :D
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

I wonder if we will get a trip report? :D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

hvydrt wrote:I wonder if we will get a trip report? :D
With pictures! :shock:
Augie

Post by Augie »

Congratulations Hikin' Jim. All this time I thought you just hiked; now we know you've been acourtin' as well. Where's the honeymoon? I hear the overnight rates at the Baldy Ski Hut are excellent.

Now we have to ask. Is she a hiker or would she say "Hiking? Aw gee do I have to?"
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

If she is anything like him, she would have to be an extremely nice person. :)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Why, thanks, guys. :oops:

We went to Hawaii for two weeks. Sorry, not going to do a full TR. :wink: We did do some hiking in Haleakela NP on Maui and in the Alakai "swamp" on Kauai (it's really more of a higher altitude rain forest). We had a really great time.

Is she a hiker? Her famous quote: "I like hiking, but I cannot go hiking like you go hiking." lol She's actually not a bad hiker, but the idea of overnighting or doing a serious all day hike doesn't appeal to her. Don't look for her on the Baldy Village trail just yet. :)

HJ
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Sooo, how's the wife and kids? :D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Dude, we've only been married 4 weeks. Give us a little time on the kid thing. :lol:
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

:lol: I was wonderin, If, (now I'm just makin this up so) if she got tired of you and told you to go, the ol, "take a hike", line. Would you hesitate, put your finger to your chin and look out the window at the mountains in a dreamlike gaze? or would you drop to your knees w/o even thinking about those mountain trails and clean fresh air and beautiful etc, etc, , lock eyes with her and beg to stay?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Dude, we've only been married 4 weeks. Give us a little time on the kid thing. :lol:
It is a proven way to produce a hiking partner. :D

The downside is that the partner will eventually kick your ass. :oops: (Well, it's an upside from someone's POV.)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

AlanK wrote:
Hikin_Jim wrote:Dude, we've only been married 4 weeks. Give us a little time on the kid thing. :lol:
It is a proven way to produce a hiking partner. :D

The downside is that the partner will eventually kick your ass. :oops: (Well, it's an upside from someone's POV.)
:lol:
I can see it now: Image

Maybe he'll stay Michiko's size so he won't show me up too badly. lol
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Jim. Who are those people in that pic?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Iron Mountain 7/28/01
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Iron Mtn? The Iron Mtn? Dang, that apple didn't fall far from the tree! Very impressive. He looks super young in that photo.

I don't think I tried Big Iron until maybe Jr. High (High School?). Took me a couple of times before I summited successfully too. Did see some pretty cool Big Horn Sheep back in Coldwater (before they made the canyon off limits).
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Eric and I climbed Baldy for the first time in 2001. While we were looking around on the summit, a guy pointed to Iron Mountain and said it was the hardest peak in the San Gabriels. The 11 year old mind immediately locked in and we went a couple of weeks later. We've been back every year since. We're about due for another trip.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Wow. 11. Pretty dang good.

You have analysed your genetic material, haven't you? Gotta preserve that stuff.

Oh, and Baldy: Did you do it from the village? :lol:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Oh, and Baldy: Did you do it from the village?
That first time we did the Ski Hut Trail. We did not do the Bear Flat hike until the following spring. That was the warmup for Eric's first Cactus to Clouds.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

AlanK wrote:
Hikin_Jim wrote:Oh, and Baldy: Did you do it from the village?
That first time we did the Ski Hut Trail. We did not do the Bear Flat hike until the following spring. That was the warmup for Eric's first Cactus to Clouds.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course, how silly of me. Big Iron, Baldy from the Village, and C2C: child's play!

I take it you'll be doing Anapurna and K2 with him this summer? Or are 8000m peaks a challenge for you guys anymore? :lol:
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

.....hello Jim.....come in Jim...................Iron Mt.to Jim...........can you hear me.........over...............