"hard" hike/climb Weds/Thurs

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
kevin trieu

Post by kevin trieu »

Hey guys - anybody up for a "hard" hike/climb this Weds/Thurs? Iron Mountain, C2C on San Jacinto something like that? Just trying to log some mountain time.

Kevin
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

likely doing Iron mt Sat if you want to go then, but looks like you are looking for Weds. I probably can't make that.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

ooo...what r the conditions on Iron as far as snow level goes? Can't go Wednesday, but was thinking maybe this weekend.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Wanna help bug Mike Ostby into going up Harwood NE ridge? 8)
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

HikeUp wrote:ooo...what r the conditions on Iron as far as snow level goes? Can't go Wednesday, but was thinking maybe this weekend.
sources say there's none on the south ridge.
tinaballina

Post by tinaballina »

wrote:likely doing Iron mt Sat if you want to go then, but looks like you are looking for Weds. I probably can't make that.
what???? you are doing iron without me...damn!
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

tinaballina wrote:
wrote:likely doing Iron mt Sat if you want to go then, but looks like you are looking for Weds. I probably can't make that.
what???? you are doing iron without me...damn!
Ze' - if you're doing Iron on Saturday, I'll tag along up to that final saddle. I tore the iliotibial band in my left knee and need to avoid steep down hills for awhile. I should be "OK" otherwise (but we'll see). Bring a litter jsut in case (or wheel barrel).