Camera Trapping - Henninger Flat this weekend

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Anyone interested in checking the camera I put up there a few weeks ago (high potential for mtn lions...) PM me.

Happy to have anyone along that wants to turn this into a longer expedition - feel free to hike up there with me, see what's on the camera, and then go off and bag peaks or whatever (I don't know why anyone would want to do such a thing, but I'm not going to judge). Also, it won't hurt my feelings if you get up there and decide camera trapping is really boring, and want to hike back down early or something.

It would be nice to meet some of you in person!
Socalhiker

Post by Socalhiker »

Thanks for your invitation but will be out of town this weekend.
Is rain check available? :D
moppychris

Post by moppychris »

What day you planning on?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Planning on Saturday for now. And yes, I'll be doing this again in a couple of weeks.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I recently came across this web page with info on Eaton Cyn. Don't know if it's new or if I've just been blind to it for some reason, but i find it interesting info to supplement Brennen's write up.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Very interesting.

But why is that guy hatin' on John Muir?? :roll: :lol:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nice to meet you all today. Really cool camera set up! A few pics - will add captions at some point.
norma r

Post by norma r »

HikeUp, it was nice to meet you (again) too. :D don't know if i will get to writing a TR and posting pix tonight or tomorrow? i have another hike to pack for right now, but it was a very enjoyable day with cougarmagic and all...
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

It was a fun day - got to meet HikeUp, Norma R, and Sierra Silence (who isn't on this board, but is a local canyoneer). Great company - thanks for coming along!

After all my hype, I was a bit embarassed that the camera had NO animals on it whatsoever - nary a squirrel. I would have thought it was broken, but it did capture these intrepid canyoneers - twice! Apparently they all have Tuesdays off, and can't get enough of Eaton canyon - they came through on 11/10, and 11/17, around 10am.

We did see more lion tracks, waltzing down the toll road. I think Norma has some good pics. And there still is a camera out there, but in a much different place now. Better luck next time, I hope.