Fallen hiker lost on Skyline

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Cy Kaicener

Post by Cy Kaicener »

A hiker has fallen below the tram on Skyline
http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=1275
Cy Kaicener

Post by Cy Kaicener »

We now have Search and Rescues full report on their Skyline rescue with pictures
http://www.rmru.org/missions/2009/2009-002.html
kgw

Post by kgw »

A big shout-out to RMRU! Well done!
Sewellymon

Post by Sewellymon »

i am AMAZED that a dood with little more than a sweatshirt hiked ALL the way to the snow line and beyond? ignoring the signs at the bottom of the trail with all the warning.

plus- it must have taken him 8 hours just to get there? what was he thinking??? obviously he was not thinking (unless he was some uber-trail runner who is usually master of his terrain- but i don't think so...

i hiked the first 1500' elev gain on the Skyline trail for the first time yesterday/ Sunday PM. Even that first section is not trivial and it's a LOOOOONG way up.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

riveting report...A+...I was sort of wondering how much those packs weighed but since the author didnt mention it, I'll imagine they were quite heavy :roll:
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Sewellymon wrote: plus- it must have taken him 8 hours just to get there? what was he thinking??? obviously he was not thinking (unless he was some uber-trail runner who is usually master of his terrain- but i don't think so...
My guess,I think he thought he could still make the tram. While it says he slipped(his word not mine) after losing the trail, Im thinking he was lost well before that. Just a guess, but maybe he thought he had just enough time to squeak into the last tram and then when he went lost, his mindset went all over the place.

He fell...hmm no light? Tsk tsk.